Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Yup...it's snowing :)

Old 09-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #21
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
In so calif, long beach, we are having a record heat wave starting today, Triple Digits all week and a few broken records along the way, and there is still a south swell kicking in, so the waves have been great as well. Even with all that, I'd rather spend time in Alaska eating real food and surviving.
Cheers
Old 09-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #22
Natidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really nice

Name: Luke
Natidog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhermit View Post
I had about 2 inches at the house. Hopefully it melts off. I don't mind the snow, just hate all of the shoveling.

I just got the Tacoma in April, so this will be my first winter with it, hope it does me proud.
Looks like you changed your stock tires already, good. The stock T/A KOs left me stranded last winter. Freeze solid at around 10 below. We have them on an F350 work truck up here on the slope and you can't even pull a trailer with them.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
slingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Matt
slingshot5r's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! I can't wait to go snowboard when I get back!!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
BECAUSE 2ND GEN...
Old 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
akhermit is on a distinguished road

Army: Prior Service
Name: Steve
akhermit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natidog View Post
Looks like you changed your stock tires already, good. The stock T/A KOs left me stranded last winter. Freeze solid at around 10 below. We have them on an F350 work truck up here on the slope and you can't even pull a trailer with them.
Yeah, that was the first thing on my list. They looked good, but all of the reviews said they were worthless on snow and ice.

My previous vehicle was a 2004 Escape, and I never had dedicated winter tires, and never got stuck. I am hoping that I won't have to have dedicated winter tires on the Tacoma. The Michelins have a good rating for snow and ice. I will probably put some concrete bags in the back for a little weight.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #26
Natidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really nice

Name: Luke
Natidog's Tacoma Gallery
I run my Coopers all year round. Paid the extra $20 or so for the center sipes and they do fantastic in snow and ice. Those Michelins look like they have a lot of siping too. Imagine they'll do pretty well for you.

I've never had to run sandbags in my truck. Don't know if its just the DCSB weight distribution, but the back end doesn't get squirrelly. Sand or sharp gravel is still nice to have to throw on the ground if you do get stuck though.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #27
akhermit is on a distinguished road

Army: Prior Service
Name: Steve
akhermit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natidog View Post
I run my Coopers all year round. Paid the extra $20 or so for the center sipes and they do fantastic in snow and ice. Those Michelins look like they have a lot of siping too. Imagine they'll do pretty well for you.

I've never had to run sandbags in my truck. Don't know if its just the DCSB weight distribution, but the back end doesn't get squirrelly. Sand or sharp gravel is still nice to have to throw on the ground if you do get stuck though.
Maybe I will try it without any weight first and see how it does. I am not an aggressive driver, which is why I stopped using studded tires. For some odd reason, when I used to run studs, I drove more aggressively. And that was with a Mercury Tracer!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #28
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing I hate about winters are the short days ie 6 hours or less of daylight :/ and its cold ofcourse
Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Love everything about winter. Besides the kids running amuck around holidays when im on the mountain. Everything else.. paradise.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #30
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
Love everything about winter. Besides the kids running amuck around holidays when im on the mountain. Everything else.. paradise.
x1000!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #31
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post

Whats snow?

X2
Old 09-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #32
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta love AK. haters gonna hate. And those 'long dark winters' jake, give me more and more excuses to upgrade my lights. Also, snow machining.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #33
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Lucky!