Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Seat belt cancel

Old 10-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #21
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
OP, it's really easy to make those. just trace out your buckle on a small piece of 1/8'' aluminum and go to town with a dremel. if you don't have one of those, a hack saw, drill and file aren't actually much slower. I made one for myself for when i have something like a duffle bag or backpack in the front seat that weighs enough to set off the light.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #22
darkgohan will become famous soon enough
darkgohan's Tacoma Gallery
OP, it's really easy to make those. just trace out your buckle on a small piece of 1/8'' aluminum and go to town with a dremel. if you don't have one of those, a hack saw, drill and file aren't actually much slower. I made one for myself for when i have something like a duffle bag or backpack in the front seat that weighs enough to set off the light.

Thank you,if I cannot resolve it here,I will certainly use your method!!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #23
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgohan View Post

Thank you,if I cannot resolve it here,I will certainly use your method!!
just find the thread and take the buzzer out from behind dash, also i think their is another way to just turn it off. also that way you wont have to keep up with the dummy buckle.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #24
Deercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Deercantseeme's Tacoma Gallery
I may be wrong, but you might need to take it to a dealer and have them turn it off. I know on my '10 there was a write up on how to turn it off. I think I read somewhere that it doesn't work on the '12s an the dealer is the only option.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #25
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
1. There are many write ups on here about how to disable the seatbelt chime.

2. You can opt to just take out the buzzer.

3. Buckle the seatbelt behind your dog.

4. Look into buying a seatbelt designed specifically for dogs.

Personally, my choice would be #4. But who knows, you may not actually like your dog. And if you get into an accident, you may not care if your dog goes through the windshield.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #26
nwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nice

Name: Nick
nwb3160's Tacoma Gallery
go to the junk yard and get a buckle, just about all Toyota use the same buckle, or do the seatbelt mod
Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
JWinTN is on a distinguished road
JWinTN's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Joshman35;5775899]
Quote:
Anyone know where I can get one of these for my 2012 Tacoma. Every seller says cannot ship to your address?

Seat belt Mod is easy, it takes about 20 seconds.
If I'm not mistaken, the seat belt mod you're referring to doesn't work on 2012s.

I took mine to a dealership and had them turn it off.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #28
Deercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Deercantseeme's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the thread I was talking about. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ime-ahhhh.html
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #29
Lexus Bigfoot is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Explorer
Name: Andrew
Lexus Bigfoot's Tacoma Gallery
if its for your dog. buckle it behind him. not sure if anyone said that
Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #30
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Check this dude out, ships to Canada, bought a pair 3 weeks ago, has alot up right now but no toyota. Im pretty sure he has some or can make em just ask em or visit his shop.

http://myworld.ebay.ca/boatwe_puse1/...id=p4340.l2559
Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #31
Check this dude out, ships to Canada, bought a pair 3 weeks ago, has alot up right now but no toyota. Im pretty sure he has some or can make em just ask em or visit his shop.

Wonderful,much appreciated!!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #32
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Wonderful,much appreciated!!
No worries, glad I could help! You could always buy the Hyandai one if he is completely out of Toy versions.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #33
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
could you not go to a local yard and just cut the seatbelt and grab the piece?
probably be a bit cheaper.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #34
Ipreferwater, thanks someone else here suggested this. Will take a look today!!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #35
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
1. There are many write ups on here about how to disable the seatbelt chime.

2. You can opt to just take out the buzzer.

3. Buckle the seatbelt behind your dog.

4. Look into buying a seatbelt designed specifically for dogs.

Personally, my choice would be #4. But who knows, you may not actually like your dog. And if you get into an accident, you may not care if your dog goes through the windshield.
There's always the fact that depending on the accident (roll over type), that the dog just becomes 20-100 (depending on dog of course) loose debris floating around the cab causing injuries to the belted in occupants. Secure your shit... pets too!

Frank
Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #36
longstonec will become famous soon enough
longstonec's Tacoma Gallery
KEEP YOUR FOOT OFF THE BRAKES THROUGH ENTIRE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
-get in truck and shut the door.
-turn key on and get your insterment panel on ODO and turn key off.
-turn key back on, as soon as u do that press reset knob.
-hold reset knob for 12_15 seconds and fasten seat belt.
-xxxx miles should turn to b_on.
-release and press one time, it should say b_off.
-wait for it to reset back to miles and turn key off.

this is what I did. less for dog as she rides in the back seat taking up grocery space etc.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #37
Smile

Hey my friend,this does not work for the 2012s!! Thanks anyway.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #39
Trees Are Good
Fixxxer is on a distinguished road

Fixxxer's Tacoma Gallery
I just took my '13 down to the dealer. Asked if he can shut it off. He grabbed his computer and within 2 mins I was on my way laughing.
Free of charge
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #40
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Ignore it it will go off in a few seconds my Great Dane's ride with me all the time. The light is a non issue you have to look to find it.