Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Taco armor in Canada

Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #201
Renegade User
Cruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Cruisin Off Road's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar View Post
I am interested in sliders for a double cab, long bed. Anything come of this potential armour supply?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcnulty View Post
im looking for some sliders...bumpers to if the price is good
I have all the dimensions and a jig built for these. Please check out the link to my website in my sig line for more details, as well as pricing.

I'm ready to go for sliders and rear bumpers. I need to get drawings finalized for the front bumpers before they hit production, but that will be a go for early spring.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #202
Dick4x4 is on a distinguished road

Dick4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Suscribed for updates about the first gen bumper!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #203
Renegade User
Cruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick4x4 View Post
Suscribed for updates about the first gen bumper!
Wen I get a hold of a truck to design one on, I'll be sure to post it up here
Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #204
Swamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Swamp Donkey's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates on the front bumper you were working on?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #205
Renegade User
The bumper went out for sand blast and powder coat on Friday afternoon. I will have it back in about a week, and I'm planning to mount it to Paul's truck for some pictures before I package it up and ship it out. I'll post up for sure when I have the pics!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #206
Swamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
On a side note, I am liking my ironman lift kit. Front end has settled down a bit and I put a helper spring in the back and now sit level. Still have myself convinced that I need airbags though! I should attach a pic of my truck to show the abuse oilpatch life up here puts on stuff. Ice and mud frozen and stuck to everything. And rough roads from stuff freezing and thawing.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #207
Renegade User
Front Bumper is Done!

I got the bumper back from powder coat and did a final test fit on Paul's truck (the one I built it on). I'm really happy with the fit up, and how it works with the lines of the truck. Took a bunch of pictures of it, but didn't see until after shipping the bumper that the lighting isn't very good on any of them!! I've attached the best ones.

This design is going to get drawn up in Solid Works. It will be a few weeks before I have that all sorted out and will be ready to put it into production. The design of the main bumper is set. Tube work on top can be whatever someone wants. The single hoop in the middle looks really sharp on these trucks, but of course full headlight protection will be offered too.
Attached Thumbnails
Taco armor in Canada-img-20130415-01419.jpg   Taco armor in Canada-img-20130415-01428.jpg   Taco armor in Canada-photo.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #208
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea on the cost yet? One of the best looking 05+ front bumpers in my opinion, good job.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #209
El Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shed
El Chip's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 04-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #210
Renegade User
I'm trying to keep it around $1200. Hopefully including the tube work. I will be competitive with the other offerings out there, including a high quality powder coat finish included in the price.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #212
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN!!! anyone want an ARB!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #213
What does that bad boy weigh? Looks good.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #215
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
That came out awesome. Different from everyother bumper around.

Where was that last picture taken?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #216
Renegade User
Thanks everyone for the comments. I had a lot of fun designing this. Nearly every angle is either 15, 30, or 60 degrees. Some I pondered over for some time to get the look I was after.

Weight is about 135lb.

Not sure where that last shot was taken, the owner emailed that to me. Somewhere in Alberta. Sure a spectacular spot!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #217
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed! hey Jason i sent you an email regarding rock sliders
Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #218
Renegade User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
Subbed! hey Jason i sent you an email regarding rock sliders
I'll get a reply to you shortly. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #219
CanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud of

CanadianTRDOffRd's Tacoma Gallery
Just to confirm, is the pictured front bumper your finished design? Or are you still working on the design?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #220
Renegade User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTRDOffRd View Post
Just to confirm, is the pictured front bumper your finished design? Or are you still working on the design?
That is the design. What I'm working on is getting the design drawn up in SolidWorks so I can get them laser cut and formed. There will be some subtle changes, but basically what you see in the pictures is what the production model will be.