Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

What is the cheapest way to ship to Canada?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Question What is the cheapest way to ship to Canada?

Hey Canadians, what is the cheapest way to ship something up to Canada? I am shipping a dirt bike aluminum frame up to Canada (not sure where yet), weight approx. 40 lbs. This was an ebay item that I had up for auction and I clearly put USA ONLY on the ad, due to the shipping size/cost but they still bid anyway.

Looking/waiting to hear back any time now. Thanks for the help. BTW, I am in Northern CA, West Coast.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Where in Canada ?
Still unsure at the moment, waiting to hear back from them. Grr
Old 11-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Cratcher is on a distinguished road
Name: Cratcher
Cratcher's Tacoma Gallery
depends ... i ship all my stuff to Sumas washington - http://picitupinsumas.com/

then I drive across and grab it.

you could also use freight forwarders.

I also have a pre-paid US debit card that gives me a US mailing address. Then I can buy from any website.

I just bought a ARB bumper online, shipping was free. I saved 700 bucks with the tax considerations.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
If they bid even though you said US only then don't worry about the costs. I'd just box it or wrap it up and ship it through USPS. They are pretty cheap and I've shipped to Argentina before using them.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
If they bid even though you said US only then don't worry about the costs. I'd just box it or wrap it up and ship it through USPS. They are pretty cheap and I've shipped to Argentina before using them.
I dont know ebay that well. I set a set price for shipping already. Can I change it without getting into any kind of trouble since I know it will be more?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
I dont know ebay that well. I set a set price for shipping already. Can I change it without getting into any kind of trouble since I know it will be more?
You could ship it to a forwarding company inside the US for the set shipping cost you allowed and have the purchaser cover the costs from the forwarder to their destination

They are going to have to pay GST / PST at the Customs point
Old 11-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've never used ebay before, but if you specified US shipping only, then I would assume you could charge that much for the US part and add on extra fees for the Canadian part. I'd message the buyer and see what they think.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Never ship via UPS, Fedex or Purolator.. All those companies will charge you brokerage fees which add up in a hurry. Always ship using USPS.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
It's your item, and you specified US only. I believe you have every right to just cancel this guy's order.
I agree with this
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #14
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I agree with this
Me tree.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #15
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Never ship via UPS, Fedex or Purolator.. All those companies will charge you brokerage fees which add up in a hurry. Always ship using USPS.
^ this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
It's your item, and you specified US only. I believe you have every right to just cancel this guy's order.
^ and this
Old 11-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratcher View Post
depends ... i ship all my stuff to Sumas washington - http://picitupinsumas.com/

then I drive across and grab it.

I do this. I get everything shiped too Pembina, North Dakota and just pick it up there myself.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #17
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Still waiting to hear back from buyer. They have a 100% feedback rating with 215 things won/sold. I have messaged them 3x so far but haven't heard anything back...damnt.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Got the address:

st. john's, NL A1B 2C9
Canada
Old 11-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got the address:

st. john's, NL A1B 2C9
Canada
Oh balls