Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

How do KMC XD Enduros hold up over winter?

Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
jules is on a distinguished road

Name: Julie
jules's Tacoma Gallery
How do KMC XD Enduros hold up over winter?

Want to purchase KMC Enduros but I know if I get them over the winter there is no way I can wait until spring to throw them on truck. Anybody try these wheels during canadian winters and how did they hold up? I'm not too optimistic as the winters over here on the pacific northwest coast of BC are mainly sleet, slush, & heavy wet snow. They use salt & gravel on roads. Currently I use painted black steelies. Thx
Old 11-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
hey there - I am sure they hold up fine other than scratches on that coating (I have wheels with that coating too). The enduros were my first choice, I ended up getting American racing Mojave

You may want to check if you can fit them with your calipers, I could not get them for that reason (on an Fj)
Old 11-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
I have had mine for 1.5 years, in SoCal so no snow or road salt, they are clear coated and have a few spots where water/corrosion as set in so I would think prolonged exposure to true winter conditions would not be good.

you could always have them stripped and powdercoated, a tad pricey though.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #4

jules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
hey there - I am sure they hold up fine other than scratches on that coating (I have wheels with that coating too). The enduros were my first choice, I ended up getting American racing Mojave

You may want to check if you can fit them with your calipers, I could not get them for that reason (on an Fj)
Thanks for the heads up......from everything i've read on TW i've never heard of the callipers being an issue but I will def look into it more, that would seriously suck as I have my heart set on them!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #5

jules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
I have had mine for 1.5 years, in SoCal so no snow or road salt, they are clear coated and have a few spots where water/corrosion as set in so I would think prolonged exposure to true winter conditions would not be good.

you could always have them stripped and powdercoated, a tad pricey though.
Lucky no road salt to deal with....it hammers the vehicles up here. This is the first winter with my tacoma so I'm already paranoid re: any corrosion starting underneath, so to add sweet wheels, ugh. Thx for your input
Old 11-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
They fit on my '06 but the clearance on the brake caliper is probably no more than a mm or two. works though! Just cant install the center hub covers. I've had them on over one MT and WY winter and no sign of any corrosion or chipping issues. Haven't noticed that any more snow has gotten packed in either. If you can buy them get them.... 16x8 Enduros were on back order for a long ass time when I was in the market.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I put mine on last winter and still in good shape. Nothing I can see wrong with them so far.