Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

4wd or 2wd in Canada Poll

View Poll Results: Do you drive a 4wd or 2wd Tacoma?
Tacoma DC 4wd TRD 95 54.29%
Tacoma AC 4wd TRD 35 20.00%
Tacoma 4wd Offroad 39 22.29%
Tacoma 2wd V6 12 6.86%
Tacoma 2wd 4cyl 6 3.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
taczilla is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc
taczilla's Tacoma Gallery
4wd or 2wd in Canada Poll

It seems to be about 50 to 1 for 4wd trucks (all brands) in my neck of the woods. Just wondering what you drive... and why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: How do I add a poll?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Poll added. Thanks to Highland Logan for the tip!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taczilla View Post
It seems to be about 50 to 1 for 4wd trucks (all brands) in my neck of the woods. Just wondering what you drive... and why?

PS: How do I add a poll?
4x4...

... to make a poll, go to the thread tool drop down menu.

Frank
Old 11-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
4x4

FWIW , I don't think you can buy a 2WD 6 lug Tacoma in Canada , can you ?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
One of the Vancouver members has one. I think he has it forsale right now
Old 11-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
He imported it though , pretty sure
Old 11-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 always no question. It'll save you when you need it.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #7
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 for me. Don't use it often, but worth its weight in gold when I do use it.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
For where you live, 4wd for sure unless you hibernate for the winter.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #9
redz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to behold

redz80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoadWunner View Post
4x4 for me. Don't use it often, but worth its weight in gold when I do use it.
4x4 all the way...... I don't see the point of a pick up without 4wd they are so light in the ass that you need it to get up a small grade when it is slippery out. And i belive the prerunner is 2wd and 6 lug
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #10
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
4x4
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz80 View Post
And i belive the prerunner is 2wd and 6 lug
Can't buy Prerunners in Canada
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
4x4. I've already seen a couple 2wd trucks stuck in some hilariously embarrassing places this year.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
TotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dan
TotalBrutal's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 for sure, I've only seen a couple 2wd 5 lugs around town, no prerunners.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
there is a reason for the 50:1 ratio
Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post

Yes its imported. They did make prerunners in Canada in 2005-2006, only double cabs, very few.

Right now I cant give mine away, taking a huge hit. Will probably be sitting on it til spring.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #17
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 for sure, whit the winter we have and anyother time you need it! I wouldn't go without it!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #18
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
theres a reason they don't sell prerunners in canada
Old 11-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
For where you live, 4wd for sure unless you hibernate for the winter.
I go to Franklin, Mass quite often around Christmas. The drive down to Syracuse, across to Albany, and then over the Tetonics, often requires two white-knuckled hands on the wheel, an extra large set of kahunas, a scared sh*tless St. Christopher on the dash surrounded by 4 plastic Jesus', and eight bibles in the back seat!

Man, that area gets hammered with snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Can't buy Prerunners in Canada
Can't do it here, although there is one here in the County... and I don't see the point of getting all those extras and kacking on the 4wd.

What you see in the poll is what you can buy here. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll fix the poll.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #20

So... There are only 9 Taco's in Canada?

Common' guys, where are you?

........... or maybe its because the Canadian posts are not displayed as new posts?