Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Interested in a southern Ontario m&g?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #201
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap leaf springs

was someone asking about leaf springs on Sunday?

There's a $20 set just posted on SONTT:
http://www.sontt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3315
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #202
A-Team
Gimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from Brampton. Under the 410 and 407 theres a weird section of trails. People obviously use it. Lots of tracks. One entrance is blocked with cement blocks and a warning sign, but the entrance off Tomken is open. Lots of fun. A few little river crossings, good mud holes.

My boss said to me this morning, " Dude, do you wanna leave work at 3 and go to that trail you were talking about?" I said fuck ya i do!!!!

His G 500 is sick. Front middle and rear locking diffs, 4cyl, 5sp manual. Its a tank.

Got stuck going off the trail cause I got cocky. Aside from that 20 min of pulling me out, it was fun.

The last one is from Milton last week. I have a video to upload too

Old 03-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #203
Justroc is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
Drive past derry and 407 all the time and didnt even clue into those trails. Just looked on google maps, looks like a decent sized trail for some after work fun. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #204
A-Team
Gimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
Considering where it is, it's pretty good. A few mini trenches with water and mud that came mid bumper.

Use the entrance off tomken. It's right beside a construction company. Kind of a hidden entrance.

Anyway, as I said, I got stuck because I left the path. But you'll be good if you stay on it. Send a message if you ever make plans to go by.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #205
cerutti is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
cerutti's Tacoma Gallery
just a warning about the 410/407 spot. if the police see you they WILL charge you with trespassing.

too bad i missed the milton run, could have brought the fj out to play
Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #206
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
That trail was near Milton.... Next trail run will probably be up north instead.

Good find Slowe! The way Anthony wants to wheel, he definitely should have one.

Where up North? Im down for heading that way, I just dont like going south that much.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #207
Cash127 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Cash127's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it was a great time. I'll definitely keep looking for the next one I can get to.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #208
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerutti View Post
just a warning about the 410/407 spot. if the police see you they WILL charge you with trespassing.

too bad i missed the milton run, could have brought the fj out to play
Hey Mike, good to have you on the forum and thanks for the advice on that location. Maybe you should show off yer rig and get all us Taco owners envious of your FJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
Where up North? Im down for heading that way, I just dont like going south that much.
More than likely i'll get a trail run planned for Ardbeg (close to Parry Sound) near the beginning of May... there's also more trails i'll plan on running this year as well. Bob Caygeon, Greens Mountain and Lingham lake to name a few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash127 View Post
Looks like it was a great time. I'll definitely keep looking for the next one I can get to.
Please feel free to come on out next time. The more the merrier dude! Are you into offroading your truck at all?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #209
cerutti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Hey Mike, good to have you on the forum and thanks for the advice on that location. Maybe you should show off yer rig and get all us Taco owners envious of your FJ.

you know me...i hate posting pictures...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/fj-...ml#post6677979

I'm looking forward to hitting up ardbeg as soon as possible!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #210
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you know me...i hate posting pictures...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/fj-...ml#post6677979

I'm looking forward to hitting up ardbeg as soon as possible!
Awesome pic man, my favourite as well! Speaking of being in Ardbeg ASAP, interested in going the first or second weekend of May?

I know im pushing my luck here, but if ever feel like wheelin' with 33's again, (just so you remember what its like and all ) i have no issues swapping you tires for a week or two.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #211
A-Team

Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Ok. All this talk about trails and runs is gettin me anxious. Are you all goin to the sontt meet in a few weeks?

Ive been to that 410 407 spot about 3 times. So far so good. Like Mattew Wilder said, No body gunna break my stride, no body gonna hold me downn, oh no, i got to keep on mooooooviiiiin! F*k the po lice!

well, he didnt say that last part. You think anyone else ever quoted matthew wilder on this forum.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #212
Justroc is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
I've been out at the 410/407 spot about 10 times in the last 2 weeks, some great trials close to home. Going again this Sunday if anyone wants to join, will have a couple of my jeep buddies with me, would be great to show them the yota power. If anyone wants to join shoot me a pm.

Some pictures from the last couple times

Had to pull out my jeep buddy "Jeep Recovery Team"

All Dirty !
Old 04-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #213
cerutti's Tacoma Gallery
once you guys get up north and hit some "real" trails, you'll realize just how boring the old construction access roads are.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #214
A-Team

Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
No doubt. But for something you can get to in about 20 min, it'll do. Aside from the water, Milton wasn't really a challenge.

I'd be in for the next trip to ardbeg
Old 04-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #215

Quote:
once you guys get up north and hit some "real" trails, you'll realize just how boring the old construction access roads are.
Hey Mike, welcome to TW! Glad to see you made it over.

See you at the m&g.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick View Post
No doubt. But for something you can get to in about 20 min, it'll do. Aside from the water, Milton wasn't really a challenge.

I'd be in for the next trip to ardbeg
Milton isn't much of a challenge compared to our regular runs. We usually use it as our first get together in the spring before the trails open. Although you should try it once the ice melts. The centre part where we parked is a 18 - 24 inch deep rocky mud hole. And that west trail has some good mud holes.

We (when i say we, i mean yota club wheelers) stay off private property all together (unless given permission), and trails from Nov 1 - May1 because we can really tear up the terrain and give wheelers a bad name. There are already enough groups trying to keep us on the pavement without giving them excuses.

Well, enough preaching. Just tread lightly and the trails will be around for all of us to enjoy!

Btw, Anthony - Ice T qouted your other line! (And Dope, but no one knows who they are)
Old 04-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #217
cerutti's Tacoma Gallery
oh btw, ardbeg on the 1st weekend of may would be prime! im already off...currently on the list for the sontt/uclc crag lake run....but the more i hear about it the less i want to go... not having a full set skids on the fj worries me on that trail
Old 04-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #218
A-Team

Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloweburn View Post
Milton isn't much of a challenge compared to our regular runs. We usually use it as our first get together in the spring before the trails open. Although you should try it once the ice melts. The centre part where we parked is a 18 - 24 inch deep rocky mud hole. And that west trail has some good mud holes.

We (when i say we, i mean yota club wheelers) stay off private property all together (unless given permission), and trails from Nov 1 - May1 because we can really tear up the terrain and give wheelers a bad name. There are already enough groups trying to keep us on the pavement without giving them excuses.

Well, enough preaching. Just tread lightly and the trails will be around for all of us to enjoy!

Btw, Anthony - Ice T qouted your other line! (And Dope, but no one knows who they
are)
Milton was still cool though. Next time were out I'll have the truck leveled out. 5100s installed tuesday!

What'd they quote?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick View Post
F*k the po lice!

well, he didnt say that last part. You think anyone else ever quoted matthew wilder on this forum.
This part

You putting Billies on front and back? That's what I have... Love 'em
Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #220
A-Team

Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
Oh...hahaha.

The 5100s just up front for now. They've been sitting around for a week driving me nuts. Just haven't had time. So you have on front and back? what height are they set? Theres a lot of difference?