Notices

Interested in a southern Ontario m&g?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #41
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
woo hoo - got my truck back

Old 11-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #42
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Congrat Sloweburn
Old 11-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #43
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Shoot, I'll be in T.O. that weekend but coming back north early Sunday morning

My truck has been at the dealers for almost 2 weeks so I may not even be going down with it either :@

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #44
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
Shoot, I'll be in T.O. that weekend but coming back north early Sunday morning

My truck has been at the dealers for almost 2 weeks so I may not even be going down with it either :@

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one!!
Wow, it seems like all of us have had our trucks at the dealers the past couple weeks. sorry to hear you cant make it. There's always next time tho.

Slowe, good to hear you got your rig back! How many parts did they end up replacing?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Slowe, good to hear you got your rig back! How many parts did they end up replacing?
Rear actuator (which was OK)
Switch (they even put my illumination mod back in)
ECU (which was ok as well)
Front actuator after I told them to check it because a new part doesn't necessarily mean a good part (this was the one they replaced last August).

They left all the new parts in

I hope this actuator doesn't turn out to be like my HVAC blower motor... Took them 4 tries to get that one right (thanks for the correct part number, by the way).

@ 09_taco - what's yours in for?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #46
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Wow, it seems like all of us have had our trucks at the dealers the past couple weeks. sorry to hear you cant make it. There's always next time tho.
I really hope to make it to the next one for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloweburn View Post
Rear actuator (which was OK)
Switch (they even put my illumination mod back in)
ECU (which was ok as well)
Front actuator after I told them to check it because a new part doesn't necessarily mean a good part (this was the one they replaced last August).

They left all the new parts in

I hope this actuator doesn't turn out to be like my HVAC blower motor... Took them 4 tries to get that one right (thanks for the correct part number, by the way).

@ 09_taco - what's yours in for?
Mine doesn't start when it's either too cold or humidity is too high. I've been having issues with this since August. There's no spark but it doesn't kick out any codes so all the dealers tell me they can't do anything since it's fine when I bring it in. Finally dropped it off and left it at the dealers two weeks ago. They still haven't gotten it resolved yet. Toyota Canada is now involved in troubleshooting.

What part did they put in for your blower motor? Mine has been done 6 times now and it's still chirping. I gave up on it last year and just keep the music loud enough to cover the noise.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
What part did they put in for your blower motor? Mine has been done 6 times now and it's still chirping. I gave up on it last year and just keep the music loud enough to cover the noise.
Blower motor PN - 87103-04043

Good luck with the starting issue. I was going to say call TCI - that's what I did to get some action.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #48

Starting issues usually end up being ECU related.

Sorry bout the total thread jack here Mike
Old 12-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #49
taczilla is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc
taczilla's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad you ladies and germs are so far away, or I'd be in.

There's a few Taco's around here though... hmmmm
Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #50
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloweburn View Post
Starting issues usually end up being ECU related.

Sorry bout the total thread jack here Mike
No worries Steve, i have a feeling this is gonna be a Ontario BSing type thread with a meet involved! lol Thats cool tho, i enjoy the banter.

I'm happy to hear Toyota finally got it all figured out tho, plus all those new parts. Pretty good deal if ya ask me. I'd be scared to see the final bill if it wasn't covered tho.

Oh yes, the infamous blower motor! Lets see, i went through 3? or was it 4? Either way, since replacing it with that ^^ part # i haven't had an issue yet.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #51
grant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
bought my blower from rockauto, no problem with it yet. lol

meet still going on?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #52

Absolutely! Meet is definitely going on...
Old 12-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #53
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taczilla View Post
Too bad you ladies and germs are so far away, or I'd be in.

There's a few Taco's around here though... hmmmm

Where you from?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #54

So how does 11am at timmies located on Homer Watson rd and 401 in Kitchener sound? If no can make it, at least princess auto is close by
Old 12-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
Where you from?
Like it says in my profile, Prince Edward County, or more widely known as 'The County'... and pronounced 'Thee Cownee' around these parts.

... home to Picton, ON, Sand Banks Prov. Park, Bay of Quinte, great walleye and bass fishing, wineries, vinyards, farms, orchards, some nice off-roading areas, rural living... lots of history as it is Loyalist country.

BTW... Why do guys here just put down Ontario, Canada as your location? That's like saying that you live on an island in the South Pacific Ocean.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #57
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taczilla View Post
Like it says in my profile, Prince Edward County, or more widely known as 'The County'... and pronounced 'Thee Cownee' around these parts.

... home to Picton, ON, Sand Banks Prov. Park, Bay of Quinte, great walleye and bass fishing, wineries, vinyards, farms, orchards, some nice off-roading areas, rural living... lots of history as it is Loyalist country.

BTW... Why do guys here just put down Ontario, Canada as your location? That's like saying that you live on an island in the South Pacific Ocean.

Never even heard of it to be honest.. . I guess I could change my location, just figured majority of the Americans wouldnt know where it is.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #58

Well I listed my location as southern Ontario, more around the size of PEI.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
Never even heard of it to be honest.. . I guess I could change my location, just figured majority of the Americans wouldnt know where it is.
Do you think! They couldn't find their assholes with a map and a flashlight!

Hmmm... I thought this was the Canadian Board. Let them google it.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #60
easts1d3 is on a distinguished road

easts1d3's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be there with my x but I have my ugly ass snow tires on it lol