1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Spring TSB

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Roubra, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Dec 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    Roubra

Roubra [OP] Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    I am wondering if anyone who lives in Canada has brought a truck up from the States and has had the rear spring TSB done. I just purchased a 2011 Tacoma SR5 4x4 DblCab a couple of weeks ago and I have yet to put a load of over, lets say 75lbs in the back. I realize the TSB is only up to the 07 model, but from reading on here it seems that some people with newer models who have complained or mentioned load issues to their Toyota dealer and have gotten it done. After all that, I suppose my main questions are:
    -Has anyone had any issues with loads exceeding 300-400lbs in the back of their 2011 SR5 4X4 DblCab with 3 leaf? (I ask so that I don't have to go and throw 400lbs in the back of my truck and see for myself)
    -Would the issue be truck specific? Should i go and throw weight in mine and see how it handles?
    -If someone has had an issue with this in Canada, have you had it fixed and did the dealership give you a hard time about it?

Thanks

2. Dec 25, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    Cladman

Cladman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derwin
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB SR5
    air filter, fog light, Bakflip, remote start, 2011 grille
    I've got a 2010 DCSB that came from the US. Went to the local dealership with my concerns and didn't get any satisfaction. Mentioned the tsb and they asked where I was able to get this info. So I brought in the tsb and the warranty admin. says he'd have to contact Toyota USA and that he needed me to come in with a load on the truck. That was several months ago...so Friday the 22nd. I brought the truck in with about 250lbs in the box. The service manager took us (truck and I) out for a test drive and agreed the US truck drove differently. To add, he says it depends on Toyota USA what would be done and hinted maybe nothing would be done. Suggested a local aftermarket spring shop would be the way to go. Hope you have better luck.

3. Dec 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    The way I rebuild springs on the cheap is to simply measure the spring leaves you need, length, width, thickness, placement of center hole and arch and order the leaves from a spring shop and do the install yourself. It is basically a user designed add a leaf.

I don't buy add a leaf kits since too many times the springs come out wrong, in thickness, width, and arch. Or just go to a local spring shop and have them rebuild your spring pack.

Or even easier, just slide under a truck at your local dealer and MEASURE the extra leaf the canadian trucks get:)

Howard

4. Dec 25, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    aphex

aphex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
  5. Dec 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    Roubra

Roubra [OP] Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    SR5
  6. Jan 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    Cladman

Cladman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derwin
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB SR5
    air filter, fog light, Bakflip, remote start, 2011 grille
    GL and keep us updated.

7. Jan 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    boto

boto Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    Quebec/Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 taco dbl.cab.long bed TRD
    fog anytime bhlm royal purple oil kn&n oil/air filter secondary filter removed ultimate lift kit toytech 3 inch coilovers ans add a leaf relentless fab diy bumper
    when you mean you got 3 leaf does it include the load leaf because i got a canadian truck dbl cab long bed and i put a 700 pound in the bed and it handle good so maybe i can mesure the leaf you may need

8. Jan 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The 3 leaf pack is 2 regular leafs and one overload

9. Jan 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Up to 2007 is a Canadian thing because after that all Canadian trucks have come with the " TSB " 4 leaf pack as standard equipment

10. Jan 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    boto

boto Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    Quebec/Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 taco dbl.cab.long bed TRD
    fog anytime bhlm royal purple oil kn&n oil/air filter secondary filter removed ultimate lift kit toytech 3 inch coilovers ans add a leaf relentless fab diy bumper
    ah okay thats why

Products Discussed in

To Top