Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Rear Spring TSB

Old 12-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Roubra has a spectacular aura aboutRoubra has a spectacular aura about
Roubra's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Spring TSB

I am wondering if anyone who lives in Canada has brought a truck up from the States and has had the rear spring TSB done. I just purchased a 2011 Tacoma SR5 4x4 DblCab a couple of weeks ago and I have yet to put a load of over, lets say 75lbs in the back. I realize the TSB is only up to the 07 model, but from reading on here it seems that some people with newer models who have complained or mentioned load issues to their Toyota dealer and have gotten it done. After all that, I suppose my main questions are:
-Has anyone had any issues with loads exceeding 300-400lbs in the back of their 2011 SR5 4X4 DblCab with 3 leaf? (I ask so that I don't have to go and throw 400lbs in the back of my truck and see for myself)
-Would the issue be truck specific? Should i go and throw weight in mine and see how it handles?
-If someone has had an issue with this in Canada, have you had it fixed and did the dealership give you a hard time about it?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Cladman is on a distinguished road
Name: Derwin
Cladman's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a 2010 DCSB that came from the US. Went to the local dealership with my concerns and didn't get any satisfaction. Mentioned the tsb and they asked where I was able to get this info. So I brought in the tsb and the warranty admin. says he'd have to contact Toyota USA and that he needed me to come in with a load on the truck. That was several months ago...so Friday the 22nd. I brought the truck in with about 250lbs in the box. The service manager took us (truck and I) out for a test drive and agreed the US truck drove differently. To add, he says it depends on Toyota USA what would be done and hinted maybe nothing would be done. Suggested a local aftermarket spring shop would be the way to go. Hope you have better luck.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
The way I rebuild springs on the cheap is to simply measure the spring leaves you need, length, width, thickness, placement of center hole and arch and order the leaves from a spring shop and do the install yourself. It is basically a user designed add a leaf.

I don't buy add a leaf kits since too many times the springs come out wrong, in thickness, width, and arch. Or just go to a local spring shop and have them rebuild your spring pack.

Or even easier, just slide under a truck at your local dealer and MEASURE the extra leaf the canadian trucks get:-)

Howard
Old 12-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Roubra has a spectacular aura aboutRoubra has a spectacular aura about
Roubra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex View Post
Is this a Canadian thing or something? I had it done on my 2011...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...sb-0359-10.pdf
Oh well would you look at that. Nope, not a Canadian thing, I just had the wrong information.

Thanks for the pdf!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
Cladman is on a distinguished road
Name: Derwin
Cladman's Tacoma Gallery
GL and keep us updated.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
boto is just really niceboto is just really niceboto is just really niceboto is just really niceboto is just really nice

Name: Philip
boto's Tacoma Gallery
when you mean you got 3 leaf does it include the load leaf because i got a canadian truck dbl cab long bed and i put a 700 pound in the bed and it handle good so maybe i can mesure the leaf you may need
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boto View Post
when you mean you got 3 leaf does it include the load leaf because i got a canadian truck dbl cab long bed and i put a 700 pound in the bed and it handle good so maybe i can mesure the leaf you may need
The 3 leaf pack is 2 regular leafs and one overload
Old 01-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex View Post
Is this a Canadian thing or something? I had it done on my 2011...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...sb-0359-10.pdf
Up to 2007 is a Canadian thing because after that all Canadian trucks have come with the " TSB " 4 leaf pack as standard equipment
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #10
boto is just really niceboto is just really niceboto is just really niceboto is just really niceboto is just really nice

Name: Philip
boto's Tacoma Gallery
ah okay thats why