Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

light laws in Alberta?

Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
light laws in Alberta?

I got pulled over last week because my headlights were to bright... but was told to change them. I find this tobe a perfect oppotunity as any to get some retros. Now along my journy I found some colored lenses for the projectors. Like a deep red or purple... Thought this would look kinda cool. But does that fly with the alberta laws... to have colored headlights?
Old 01-01-2013, 03:06 AM   #3
Zombie Hunter.
evanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
evanwile's Tacoma Gallery
The only vehicles allowed to have forward facing red lights are emergency vehicles, its in the Motor Vehicle Act, varies province to province, check your local act to clarify on the colored headlights, its all available online.

Cheers
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure when I looked it up when I lived in Alberta, it specified that only emergency vehicles were allowed to have red/blue lights, and red/white/blue strobe lights. Personally I wouldn't risk it.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
I got pulled over last week because my headlights were to bright... but was told to change them. I find this tobe a perfect oppotunity as any to get some retros. Now along my journy I found some colored lenses for the projectors. Like a deep red or purple... Thought this would look kinda cool. But does that fly with the alberta laws... to have colored headlights?

So what do YOU think, are they too bright ? Of course you don't, your not the poor fool who has to put up with that bright annoying bullshit & now you want colored lights ?...

I saw a vehicle recently that had purple HID's.. talk about looking like shit !! uggghhh !!!

If you have to change the color , go with black

& no, its not an old peoples thing
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

now this is the differnce, you have the 2 groups of hid. you get the types that get just an hid bulb and balest and through it in the stock headlight.... thus blinding everyone because the light isnt directed, just reflected of the mirror cone/angles off the reflector. vs the type with a projector that has a cut off and directs the light in one direction, thus not blinding everyone. Yes they are bright, but that is why I bought them. Dont forget the guys with HID headlight dont magicly gain immunity to other bright ass HID from other trucks/cars. I still get blinded day to day. Now as for the color Im not going to go that route just because I want to be within legal limits. the color I was talking about the color the HID projector red and its a red headlight vs white... cool but not legal.

Not to mention up here in alberta with all the oil feilds, everyone and there dog has a jacked up f350 or dodge 3500 with non diredted HIDs so the blinding is a common thing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
Pretty sure when I looked it up when I lived in Alberta, it specified that only emergency vehicles were allowed to have red/blue lights, and red/white/blue strobe lights. Personally I wouldn't risk it.
Thx ryan
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Legal , quasi-legal or not , they are definitely gonna draw attention from teh Mounties
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #8

lol no matter what I do my truck is gonna be hard to miss.... I have to get new pics here soon.....
Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol no matter what I do my truck is gonna be hard to miss.... I have to get new pics here soon.....
Hard to miss and blindingly annoying are 2 different things but that's your choice
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #10

I have had tem in for almost a year, that was the first time i got pulled over, my lights are 10000K and the 6000K are brighter due to the white light. mine are just blue
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
b0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

b0ules's Tacoma Gallery
In Ontario, the Highway Traffic Act states that unless you're an emergency services or snow removal vehicle, you can't have anything but solid white and/or amber forward facing, and red rear facing when you're rolling down the road. Can't find it quickly, but there's got to be an exception in there for intermittent amber or red as signal/hazard lights. Emergency vehicles get the flashing red/white/blue exemption, firefighters and medical responders also get flashing green permission. And flashing blue for snow clearing.

And only a maximum of 4 illuminated white beams on the front, i.e. headlights and fogs - a guy I know who has a BRP Spyder got pulled over for that one because of 6 white lights forward facing - 2 headlights, 2 fogs and he'd replaced the outboard amber markers on the front fenders with white bulbs...
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #12

Yup same as here... when I say blue they are a off white blue not a police strobe blue. But my question has been answerd thx guys
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Silver streak!
Throw up some pics when you get the new lights.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #14

Lol... Gotta do the diff first i think.... Its gettin bad.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
After market locker as well?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
shorti will become famous soon enough
shorti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not to mention up here in alberta with all the oil feilds, everyone and there dog has a jacked up f350 or dodge 3500 with non diredted HIDs so the blinding is a common thing here.
Please don't be one of those people.
Do a real retro, it's not that hard and the light actually its the road.

edit: i accidentally a word
Old 01-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #17

Its on the list, im not that happy with my halo prjectors but first diff lol yes aftermarket. Check out my other thread "ifs front locker"