Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Cruisin Off Road Intro

Old 01-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Renegade User
Cruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Cruisin Off Road's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Cruisin Off Road Intro

Hi All

Allow me to introduce myself. Jason Hugh. I'm in Chilliwack, BC, and a member of the Coastal Cruisers Land Cruiser club. I'm also the owner of Cruisin Off Road.

I build armour for 60, 70, and 80 series Land Cruisers and Tacomas, as well as stocking Ironman 4x4 accessories. Being the Western Canada dealer for Ironman I'm in a good position to bring their product into Canada, then ship it around BC and Alberta. This can save big $$ over having to bring it across the border yourself. Ironman 4x4 has 2" lift kits for the Tacoma (all spring, no spacer lifts), as well as recovery gear, and camping and wheeling accessories.

If you check out the "Taco Armour in Canada" thread there are some pictures of my Tacoma rear bumper design, as well as sliders. I am set up to build more of both of these, and I am going to be designing a new front bumper and skid plate set for the Tacoma early in the new year.

Check out my Facebook Page for pics of projects and new products in development. Also there will be more info on the Ironman 4x4 line, as well as promotions that I'll be putting on.

Cruisin Off Road Facebook Page

Check it out, and please click "Like" while you're there!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
yota90ca is on a distinguished road
yota90ca's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Jason - I have a few question for you about the Ironman gear but they can wait until we meet up here to discuss a bumper for my truck.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Renegade User
Cruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shedCruisin Off Road is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota90ca View Post
Welcome Jason - I have a few question for you about the Ironman gear but they can wait until we meet up here to discuss a bumper for my truck.
Looking forward to meeting you! Will you be around this week?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just checked out your website , loving those swing away rear bumpers with the roof access ladders
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
Renegade User
Some more Ironman 4x4 parts up on the Facebook page. Sale prices on Tacoma Lifts, as well as recovery gear.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I saw the last discussion, but still, $725 seems extreme for sliders.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin Off Road View Post
Some more Ironman 4x4 parts up on the Facebook page. Sale prices on Tacoma Lifts, as well as recovery gear.
Do you plan on posting this stuff to your website too ?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Do you offer 1st gen armor yet?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
Renegade User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
I saw the last discussion, but still, $725 seems extreme for sliders.
Comparing apples to apples, with what else is on the market, I'm not out of line at all. Between material costs, powder coating (done right!), and my labour this is a fair price. If you can find something equivalent for less please feel free to email me at cruisinoffroad at shaw dot ca, and send me the link. I'd hate to be out of touch with the market.

Regards
Jason
Old 01-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #11
Renegade User
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Do you plan on posting this stuff to your website too ?
Yeah, I have some updating to do on my website. The Facebook page is easiest to get info onto quickly so that got done first.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #12
Renegade User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Do you offer 1st gen armor yet?
Not at this time. I need someone to drop off their truck with me for a week or so to fab up the first stuff, then I ban build a jig for future projects.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I have some updating to do on my website. The Facebook page is easiest to get info onto quickly so that got done first.
I don't do Fakebook , that's why I asked
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not at this time. I need someone to drop off their truck with me for a week or so to fab up the first stuff, then I ban build a jig for future projects.
I will keep this in mind.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #15
Renegade User
Quote:
You can lurk the album, and don't have to have an account yourself:
Facebook Ironman 4x4 sale

In fact, from there you can probably check out my whole page without signing up and exposing yourself to the world
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can lurk the album, and don't have to have an account yourself:
Facebook Ironman 4x4 sale

In fact, from there you can probably check out my whole page without signing up and exposing yourself to the world
Hey thanks

Damn I wish I saw this before I ordered some recovery stuff from Cap it
Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #17
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
with all the posting you do here when would you have time!? just kidding but i had to comment because i also don't do facebook, over time is almost like i've fallen of the earth to people!

oh and on topic welcome to tw cruisin off road!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , can you tell me the dimensions of the smaller recovery kit bag

This one vvv

Vehicle to Vehicle Recovery Kit

Includes
9m x 8,000kg Snatch Strap
2 4.7t Shackles
4.7t Recovery Point
Leather Gloves
Carry Case

Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #19
Renegade User
Quote:

This one vvv

Includes
2 4.7t Shackles
4.7t Recovery Point
Leather Gloves
Carry Case

Thanks
I'll check while I'm at the shop today, and post the info when I get home this evening.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #20
Renegade User
Quote:

This one vvv

Includes
2 4.7t Shackles
4.7t Recovery Point
Leather Gloves
Carry Case

Thanks
Hey Oz,

The bag that everything packs into measures 15" x 10" x 4".

There was a mistake in the pricing of these. I'm sticking to the sale price, but once the sale is over the price is going up to around $130.

Cheers,
Jason