Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Weather Tech Mats

Old 01-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
sheamus is on a distinguished road
sheamus's Tacoma Gallery
Weather Tech Mats

Toyota through in OEM floor mats with my truck. They are really a joke. I bang my shoes off before getting in vehicle, but on a dry mat, the melt from shoes still overflows onto carpet.

So I guess I am going to sell my OEM Rubber mats (used about 2 weeks) and get weather tech's. But having some confusion ordering them online. I have a 2013 TRD O/R (access cab). WeatherTech's website asks if I have a 2nd Row center storage box/console? I have two fold down seats, and in between them there is a place to hold drinks, and a tray but not really what I would call a box console. Under the seats is some storage?

Which ones do I order? I am posting here, because I am guess all access cabs have the same rear console in Canada.

Also I have to say that paying $40+ more than americans do is lot! Mind you shipping is included. I am told partsource will order them in, so I might see how their price compares.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
sheamus's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know if I should order with or without box console storage?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Trevor
spartanhockey6's Tacoma Gallery
i don't know the exact answer but i'll try to help as i want some weathertech's too.

I have a 2010 trd sport Access Cab. i have the two rear fold down seats and right between them is like a 10"x10"x10" (lwh) storage console, this IS NOT the center console lol.

so my guess, 80% sure, is that you do NOT have the 2nd row storage console. I'd wait for some more responses.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Trevor
spartanhockey6's Tacoma Gallery
I read in one thread about the storage consoles of people having to, in my case, remove the 2nd row console, install the weathertech's, and then install the 2nd row console on top of it. I don't think this implies to you though. Sorry if i'm making it more confusing haha.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
sheamus's Tacoma Gallery
I phoned weathertech, and they didn't seem to know the answer either. The girl guessed that I should order w/o console. She said they would cover the cost of return shipping if they didn't fit.

But I got looking at their pictures more closesly, and I did see a set of fold down seats that have nothing in between them on WT's site, when you select w/o console. But not sure how much I trust their pictures, as they have a picture of a double cab in the access cab section.

So in the end I ordered _with_ storage console. I'll post pics when they get here. Hopefully soon, as my OEM rubber mats sold on Kijiji in an hour. With I would have asked more than $40.

~S
Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you both have the center console. WeatherTech only added that option mid way through 2011. The rear liner now hugs the console, where once upon a time, people had to cut the liner, or remove and re-attach over.

The console was re-designed for the 2012 model. So for those ordering or buying used, the pre-2012 will not work for 2012 and up.

Frank
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
sheamus's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. Glad I ordered correctly.