Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Front plate bumper option for Canadians!? Or custom made...

Old 03-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
Dick4x4 is on a distinguished road

Dick4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Front plate bumper option for Canadians!? Or custom made...

Hi guys,

I want a plate bumper for my truck and even with a lot of researchs I did not found a supplier that will still offer me the options I want and a decent price.

I would prefer to buy in Canada because I consider it's a quite big part to import from US. Also it will be easier to save on freight, taxes and duty.

I'm open to buy from a custom shop but I need them to have the experience of Tacoma bumper fabrication. I could have found someone here in my area but I don't want them to guess something that will be bolting "about there" on the frame. I'd like to order a well made bumper ready to bolt-on, tried and trail tested.

Here what I'm looking for, maybe you could help me to narrow my search:

*Plate bumper for front protection (not a tube one).
*Must have a winch plate enclosed to protect the winch
*Must have a strong central hitch receiver
*2 pairs of strong D-hook.
*I like something that looks straight and efficient like the ARB model but I'm open on that
*The sides does not have to be bullet proof with thick material. I'm looking for a good frame attachement and force transfert.
*A standard light hoop would be nice also.

I could draw one and make it cut and welded but I don't have enough time theses days. I could also submit rough drawing if a shop would like to make one based on that.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #2

Dick4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Here is another model I like.

Classical ARB design, therefore I don't need the all around bush guard

Old 03-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
yota90ca is on a distinguished road
yota90ca's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Cruisin Offroad in Kelowna
I think he is located in Chilliwack. I know he has stuff for land cruisers and right now currently working on a new front bumper for the 2nd gen Tacoma's.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota90ca View Post
I think he is located in Chilliwack. I know he has stuff for land cruisers and right now currently working on a new front bumper for the 2nd gen Tacoma's.
Oh my bad , Chilliwack
Old 03-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #7

Dick4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I suscribed to the post. I will look to see how it looks when installed on a truck. Seems to be a good option.

If someone have other options by this time please let me know.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #8

Dick4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It seems that the bumper in developpement will be made for 05+ models... Back to the first case.

Therefore, it's not impossible that I'm gonna send them an inquiry about the possibility to have one made for a first gen. Maybe they already have the experience of them.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
If you can't find a Canadian Co, Demello makes bumpers for many toyotas with your specs I think. (mine is a DEmello if the picture is clear enough)

Made in the US (CA) so no duty, just your province taxes if you can pick it up just across the border. I got one for about 950 (group buy) and it only cost I think $90 and that was BC tax when I went through, no duty, no broker fees! When I ordered mine, the US shipping to my place across the border was very small. Good luck
Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
whereabouts in quebec are you? i had a guy north of gatineau make me a hybrid bumper, from far it looks great, up close you can see how shitty his welds are, i think he had his apprentice do them, and the thing is completeley rusted after one winter.. the welds will hold things together fine so not really a concern for a truck that is not mean to be a show truck. price was right, 1000 for bumper and sliders. if interested i can send you pics and provide his details.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #11

Dick4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
whereabouts in quebec are you? i had a guy north of gatineau make me a hybrid bumper, from far it looks great, up close you can see how shitty his welds are, i think he had his apprentice do them, and the thing is completeley rusted after one winter.. the welds will hold things together fine so not really a concern for a truck that is not mean to be a show truck. price was right, 1000 for bumper and sliders. if interested i can send you pics and provide his details.
Thanks for your reply. I'm in Quebec city. I found a guy that did a couple of bumpers that I like on pre 95 Toyota trucks. People who bought them seems to be happy with it.

Besides, I'm gonna be able to ask him some customs add ons.

Here is a link on our local forum of one he did. Personnally I don't like the Toyota crest that is cutout trough so I'll ask for a plain. Price is good also.

http://www.quebec4x4.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=17

Another he did:
http://www.quebec4x4.com/forum/showp...84&postcount=6