Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

anyone have a 6" lift and 33" tires? please let me know

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
steeds [OP] steeds is offline
Senior Member
steeds is on a distinguished road
 
steeds's Avatar
Name: ryan
Joined: Dec 2012, #92623
Location: calgary
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have a 6" lift and 33" tires? please let me know

looked at getting a 6" lift and 33" tires..
but i want to know how many kms you get driving around the city/hwy per tank.

this is my only ride. and my job is across town ...so for me to get it, really concerns me if im going to lose alot of kms/tank.

so just wondering if anyone has a tacoma with just a 6'' lift and 33" tires.

thanks. let me know.

(my trucks a 2013 black tacoma access cab)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
evanmb31's Avatar
Name: evan
Joined: Jan 2012, #70729
Location: connecticut
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,226
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I get around 15-16 mpg with 285/70/17 (32.7x11.25)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Senior Member
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
evanmb31's Avatar
Name: evan
Joined: Jan 2012, #70729
Location: connecticut
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,226
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
And by they way the lift wont affect mpg or km/L or whatever measurment you crazy canadians use. Tire size effects fuel consumption, not just the height of the tire but also the width and weight will effect fuel effeciency. And you can fit a 33" tire with a 3" lift, doesnt have to be 6".
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
steeds [OP] steeds is offline
Senior Member
steeds is on a distinguished road
 
steeds's Avatar
Name: ryan
Joined: Dec 2012, #92623
Location: calgary
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
And by they way the lift wont affect mpg or km/L or whatever measurment you crazy canadians use. Tire size effects fuel consumption, not just the height of the tire but also the width and weight will effect fuel effeciency. And you can fit a 33" tire with a 3" lift, doesnt have to be 6".

i was wanting a 3" lift and 33" tires till i seen a 2013 tacoma at a toyota dealer today with a 6" lift. haha so i priced it out and 3600 to install a 6" lift.

haha well i knew of the height not mattering on the distance...but i'd get 17x9 tire and a 33" goodyear wrangler.
so my truck would look exactly like this if i got it

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Member
1989supraturbo is on a distinguished road
 
1989supraturbo's Avatar
Air Force: MSE Op CFB Comox
Joined: Oct 2011, #64803
Location: Comox B.C.
Gender: Male
Posts: 70
1989supraturbo's Tacoma Gallery
$3600!! I ordered my 3" pro comp from North Shore Offroad in Vancouver and they shipped it, was about $500 for the kit and $1300 for BFG 33"...$1800 and truck performs great offroad, IMO 6' isn't needed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
steeds [OP] steeds is offline
Senior Member
steeds is on a distinguished road
 
steeds's Avatar
Name: ryan
Joined: Dec 2012, #92623
Location: calgary
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989supraturbo View Post
$3600!! I ordered my 3" pro comp from North Shore Offroad in Vancouver and they shipped it, was about $500 for the kit and $1300 for BFG 33"...$1800 and truck performs great offroad, IMO 6' isn't needed.
well yea the kit was like i dunno 1800 for parts ? and to install it at this shop it was around 3600.
cheapest place i found so far cause toyota wanted to charge 4000+
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #9
steeds [OP] steeds is offline
Senior Member
steeds is on a distinguished road
 
steeds's Avatar
Name: ryan
Joined: Dec 2012, #92623
Location: calgary
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
You can always get a rcd 4.5 or the bds or zone 4" if you want to go that route. With the bds and zone you can always turn it into a 6" later on if you want. 33's look good on all these.
yea forsure the 33" i think it a all around good size . and another reason i wanted to push the 6" cause i've always wanted it..yea i'd not use to it's fullest potential but it's wicked amazing haha looks good. the clearance is there when needed/if needed and its amazing looking. haha
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #10
Senior Member
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
BORNWILDGUY's Avatar
Air Force:
Joined: Apr 2012, #77942
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,611
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeds View Post
yea forsure the 33" i think it a all around good size . and another reason i wanted to push the 6" cause i've always wanted it..yea i'd not use to it's fullest potential but it's wicked amazing haha looks good. the clearance is there when needed/if needed and its amazing looking. haha
I have the zone and mine is at 5" front and 4" rear and perfect for running 33's. Im very happy w my set up and drives better than stock.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
steeds [OP] steeds is offline
Senior Member
steeds is on a distinguished road
 
steeds's Avatar
Name: ryan
Joined: Dec 2012, #92623
Location: calgary
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
I have the zone and mine is at 5" front and 4" rear and perfect for running 33's. Im very happy w my set up and drives better than stock.
yea? oh ok nice and what would you get out of a tank from full/empty ?
most are saying around 220/tank... so kms is roughtly 350 ish
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Senior Member
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
BORNWILDGUY's Avatar
Air Force:
Joined: Apr 2012, #77942
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,611
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeds View Post
yea? oh ok nice and what would you get out of a tank from full/empty ?
most are saying around 220/tank... so kms is roughtly 350 ish
Haven't really checked but its still damn good on gas. I also don't run my tank to empty no lower than 1/4 tank and I fill up. Haven't notice much of a difference with the stock tires. One thing you need to take in account is the weight of the tires as well. The coopers I am running are of the lighter 33's I found. Alot of the m/t tires are heavy which doesn't help your gas mileage at all
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #13
steeds [OP] steeds is offline
Senior Member
steeds is on a distinguished road
 
steeds's Avatar
Name: ryan
Joined: Dec 2012, #92623
Location: calgary
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Haven't really checked but its still damn good on gas. I also don't run my tank to empty no lower than 1/4 tank and I fill up. Haven't notice much of a difference with the stock tires. One thing you need to take in account is the weight of the tires as well. The coopers I am running are of the lighter 33's I found. Alot of the m/t tires are heavy which doesn't help your gas mileage at all
yea forsure. and thats why im wanting a lighter rim if i can find one but the photo i have posted is what i'd like to get ( the dick cepek? dc-2 rims) and the wranglers but i want something with an aggressive look..but would be good in summer/winter conditions because it will be on all year around.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
steeds [OP] steeds is offline
Senior Member
steeds is on a distinguished road
 
steeds's Avatar
Name: ryan
Joined: Dec 2012, #92623
Location: calgary
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunajoe13 View Post
I get on average 16-18 mpg using scanguageII and rocking 34.1x11.0x20
you with a 6" lift ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
Senior Member
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
BORNWILDGUY's Avatar
Air Force:
Joined: Apr 2012, #77942
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,611
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeds View Post
yea forsure. and thats why im wanting a lighter rim if i can find one but the photo i have posted is what i'd like to get ( the dick cepek? dc-2 rims) and the wranglers but i want something with an aggressive look..but would be good in summer/winter conditions because it will be on all year around.
Look at the toyo atII they seen to be an awesome tire a lil more agressive than my cooper at3's. From what Ive seen www.treaddepot.com has the best prices on them and they also list the weights of the tires. Remember though if you go with a drop bracket kit you will have to run atleast a 17" wheel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #19
steeds [OP] steeds is offline
Senior Member
steeds is on a distinguished road
 
steeds's Avatar
Name: ryan
Joined: Dec 2012, #92623
Location: calgary
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Look at the toyo atII they seen to be an awesome tire a lil more agressive than my cooper at3's. From what Ive seen www.treaddepot.com has the best prices on them and they also list the weights of the tires. Remember though if you go with a drop bracket kit you will have to run atleast a 17" wheel.
yea i was thinking the 17x9 or a 18x9 wheel on that dc-2 rim.
and ok i'll check out that page now and see what they have
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3" lift w/ 33" tires or 6" lift w/ 35" tires nomaxpi 2nd Gen. Tacomas 297 03-06-2013 01:06 AM
3" lift + 33" tires, 4.56 or 4.88? InsaneDriver 1st Gen. Tacomas 23 07-31-2012 08:47 PM
VSC Issue with new 33" tires, Spidertrax and 3" spacer lift cehensley 2nd Gen. Tacomas 5 03-19-2012 05:32 PM
Please Post Pics of 3" Lift Taco With Toyo 295/70/17s (33.5" tires) jmed99 2nd Gen. Tacomas 3 06-02-2010 03:07 PM
WTB: Rims/Tires for Fabtech Lift (33-35" / 18-20") JChase Buy / Sell / Trade 10 12-23-2009 10:26 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.