1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stay Away from Brimell Toyota - Warning to All members

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Canadian Girl, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mar 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kim
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 X Runner
    Billet 5 piece Grille, Pink X-Brace, Pink Devil Horns, Stereo with Sub-X, short shifter, URD intake, Xii street drop, Vinyl custom interior dash,......... for now ;)
    WARNING TO ALL TACOMA WORLD MEMBERS

This is a warning and a heads up to all TACOMA WORLD members and Toyota lovers in General!!!

Bring your Toyota Home! Bullshit!!!!!

This girl and her poor XR have been to hell and back. After an accident by Canadian Blood Services and further damages in another fender bender (details to remain blank...so called friend).

securedownload_zps9c9a745f_1ccca952931edf9ad429dac42bd663720330d7bf.jpg

I took my beloved truck to Brimell Toyota's Body shop. A body shop with some bad reviews (but all shops have them) but mostly good. An amazing number of fantastic reviews from the car show community. And for those that don't know..... Yes I show my truck, have won a few awards.

So the truck was damaged. Brought the truck into the body shop. A few weeks later it was fixed and read to go. I even paid extra to have the hood repainted (wanted to remove the bug defector). So with only a few hours before I have to leave for X-fest East (huge meeting of xrunners )

xfest_zpsdc626da8_174d1a96dcb2572116679a6a08e3d8a6abbcb150.jpg

First thing everyone notices....the paint doesn't match

Well truck went back...... great body shop agrees to fix it....bring it back Wednesday after thanksgiving....... well poor me goes to a wedding and gets to be part of the 400 car pileup...... no I was not charged.... no I was not at fault..... and yes someone else was charged (always have a dash cam)

brimell_zpsf60f92cf_120e7e44ef5953264eae4e99a3731c5a4172b9a9.jpg

this also doesn't show the damage down the side of the truck,...... could of been a write off if I hit straight on. But no I decided to try and avoid and save my truck :( :( :(

So truck isn't that bad looks worse then it is

Now Since that lovely event..... and those previous I am left with a truck that now "is being fully painted" or so they say!!

Well to this day I have now had my truck in and out of brimell toyota..... had to fight that my truck isn't highly modified....and Toyota built an x-runner..... had to fight and tell them how to order parts for my truck.... also have a crazy amount of problems including but not limited to

1. 3 colors of paint on the truck
    2. Parts of truck not painted
    3. Outstanding fit and finish issues
    4. Lately they carpet cleaned and details.... but flooded the truck. Going to have to buy new carpet, my amp was ruined, underglow ruined
    5. money owed for parts thrown out that were still good
    6. Money owed for billet grille and cold air intake
    7. Fenders that do not fit right
    8. Steering wheel off 90 degrees after alignment
    9. and the list goes on

SO PLEASE EVERYONE!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM BRIMELL TOYOTA'S BODY SHOP

2. Mar 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kim
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 X Runner
    Billet 5 piece Grille, Pink X-Brace, Pink Devil Horns, Stereo with Sub-X, short shifter, URD intake, Xii street drop, Vinyl custom interior dash,......... for now ;)
    eb5895c7-1ce0-49ee-b862-ca57929ffb5d_zps_5d06d676f91d2bc681496d6758e019349e77e335.jpg

how truck sits now... still not right

3. Mar 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    That's a shitty story to hear :( Poor X

4. Apr 12, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    bzzr2

bzzr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i recently had some body work done at a toyota dealership, total shit show, had the truck for almost 3 weeks for minor dents to be removed from minor side impact, the truck was a total mess with overspray, retards tried to cover some of the under side mess with under coating, covering my suspension also.. they then cleaned that crap up and i pick up the truck to find that there is overspray all over the paint now from the undercoating, total lack of attention to detail. i guess the lesson is to never again go to a toyota dealership for body work!

5. Apr 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    Sounds like they are strictly tying to match the paint from the factory paint code. Can't always go by this cause the shades do change a lil during the years. They need to try and match to your existing paint on your truck and when they do one panel blend it in to the other panels . No excuse for their lack of knowledge especially being a toyota bodyshop.

Products Discussed in

To Top