Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Season opener trail run in Ardbeg! May. 4th - 5th

Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #41
Justroc is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
Bad news, will no longer be able to attend tomorrow something last minute came up that I can't miss. Such a bummer. Have a good one boys
Old 05-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #42
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
I thought Jason was going with the other guys to Craig Lake?

Peter - Tom and I will be at hwy 25 in Milton at the timmies for 6:30am. If you'd like to meet us there to convoy that would be cool. Maybe PM me your cell # as well....
Okay that sounds great. Just to make sure, its the timmies where the meet and great was.

Pm inbound.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #43
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
it may be a little early but happy trails and may the 4th be with you :P
Old 05-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #44
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

got back in one piece around 10pm, took 1.5hrs to get back, smooth ride, trail was great!! looking forward to doing it again
Old 05-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #45
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
did you guys do the north trail or south?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #46
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
i believe it was the south trail, we exited near the 124 not far from the 400/69. 30.5k of actual distance from trail head to pavement on the other end, this only included about 3k of 2wd area at the end, otherwise 4lo as there were really not flat spots in between scattered obstacles like a lot of trails i've run.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #47
cerutti is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
cerutti's Tacoma Gallery
Great weekend. Jason and I ran the black lake loop on Friday, that trail needs some major clearing! I bounced off a few trees and got a lot of new pin striping. On Saturday we ran the south trail all the way back to hwy 124, long but great run.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #48
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome run guys!

No wheelin trip is complete without more pinstripping, dented skids and tires munching happily on my fender flairs. I was going to wait a lil before removing them but I may as well do that before I damage them further.

Pics and vids to come...
Old 05-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #49
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking at my trucks ass today and noticed that the whole rear bumper is bent up on the passenger side. this must have been from when you saw me contact it gylar, i don't even recall really feeling anything then, stock rear bumper sure is weak.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #50
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea I remember you come down off that rock smacking that tin bumper quite nicely. Sure doesn't take much to bend them. I think it's time for a high clearance bumper now.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #51

I definitely incurred some damage myself. Still got to wash the truck to really see, but I know 3 out of the 4 flairs are barely hanging on now.

This spot really ate my left rear flair. Never had this issue last year with my worn KM2's but I did have quite a bit of weight in the back this time around and the duratracs are still fairly new.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #52
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
lol glad i didn't give it a couple more tries, had you not said i contacted i probably would have mangled it up a more. i need to find a local welding shop that can fab me up something high clearance for the rear with a receiver in it for sure. i cleaned up the inside but have yet to wash the outside, was hoping for some tighter spots to pinstripe the pass side again since its all new paint.

i was impressed with your duractracs, i've never seen them actually get wheeled before, they worked well in that terrain.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #53

yea fresh new paint sucks! lol

You should have stuck around Sunday and we could have done the loop. Mike and Jason were saying it was pretty tight down that trail.

Duratracs did great (although lockers help ) I must say tho, the side walls are definitely not that tough (I was aired down to 14psi) since I ended up cutting one tire. This would be the second tire to get sliced like this now...

Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #54
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
i was looking at my trucks ass today and noticed that the whole rear bumper is bent up on the passenger side. this must have been from when you saw me contact it gylar, i don't even recall really feeling anything then, stock rear bumper sure is weak.
Hey, I did the same thing last year in Ardbeg! Probably on the same damn rock

There's some pics on SONTT here:

http://www.sontt.com/forum/viewtopic...=3390&start=60
Old 05-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #55
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if it was the same spot, i kinda had a feeling when i went at this rock ledge that it might not go well... i guess we'll have to get out there and try again!

there were a few times that your tires looked like they were possibly getting pinched on the rocks with hard edges, the 14psi looked really low but worked really well!

i need to go a bit lower than my 19front - 17 rear next time, truck is so much lighter and the sidewalls on the dick cepeks are fairly stout, this is a big part of why i chose this tire. your new shoes will be tougher than the duratracs once their on!

i would have liked to stick around but wanted to be sure my new dog was gonna be ok after his slip on the bridge, he was still limping pretty good sunday morning but seems to be doing ok now, found some good cuts on the inside of his ankle and knee once i took a closer look. getting him checked out at vet today to be sure all is well.

now to decide what i really need, lockright or the warn m6000 portable winch with synthetic line.. locker more capable, winch get me home if i fawk myself going camping without other trucks...
Old 05-11-2013, 04:45 AM   #56
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hey guys, sorry for the late response, had a late day on Sunday and didn't get to a computer until the weekend. Definitely had a great day, long but lots of fun, and learned alot. Look forward to the next one (hopefully with a lift), and thanks for helping out a newb.

As for damage bent my skid plate

broke a light

surprisingly didn't break the trailer harness. Other than that a few pinstripes, and a bumped head on the oh shit handle .
Old 05-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
not sure if it was the same spot, i kinda had a feeling when i went at this rock ledge that it might not go well... i guess we'll have to get out there and try again!

there were a few times that your tires looked like they were possibly getting pinched on the rocks with hard edges, the 14psi looked really low but worked really well!

i need to go a bit lower than my 19front - 17 rear next time, truck is so much lighter and the sidewalls on the dick cepeks are fairly stout, this is a big part of why i chose this tire. your new shoes will be tougher than the duratracs once their on!

i would have liked to stick around but wanted to be sure my new dog was gonna be ok after his slip on the bridge, he was still limping pretty good sunday morning but seems to be doing ok now, found some good cuts on the inside of his ankle and knee once i took a closer look. getting him checked out at vet today to be sure all is well.

now to decide what i really need, lockright or the warn m6000 portable winch with synthetic line.. locker more capable, winch get me home if i fawk myself going camping without other trucks...
The duratracs did look really low once aired down but they grabbed the rocks sooo much better. It would have been nice to get a pic with the tires wrapping themselves around a rock tho. Next time I may try 16psi and see how that works. Definitely get your dick cepeks aired down to below 15psi since your truck is really light and those sidewalls are stiffer. You might really enjoy the ride a little better and not to mention gain much needed traction.

It's good to hear Trapper will be ok tho. I totally understand taking off a lil early for his sake. Especially since you have had a bad experience with that sort of thing before hand. You didn't miss much Sunday tho. Just breakie really.

So lockrite or winch eh? Hmmm that's a toss up. Locker in the rear certainly helps for pretty much everything but can also get you in trouble faster. I'd prefer the locker personally but only because I'm usually always winching other people and not myself. Lol. Both of those mods will get lots of use tho.

One thing that would concern me would be winter driving with a lockrite... Definitely don't want your rear end locking around a snow covered corner at speed....
Old 05-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
hey guys, sorry for the late response, had a late day on Sunday and didn't get to a computer until the weekend. Definitely had a great day, long but lots of fun, and learned alot. Look forward to the next one (hopefully with a lift), and thanks for helping out a newb.

As for damage bent my skid plate

broke a light

surprisingly didn't break the trailer harness. Other than that a few pinstripes, and a bumped head on the oh shit handle .
That looks familiar....

So I did this...

Had help from Finn of course but good welding lessons. It held up perfect climbing that super steep rock at the beginning of the south trail. Wonder if anyone got that on video....
Old 05-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #59

Still waiting to get my laptop up and running so I can post the videos to YouTube but pics will have to do for now...

View from camp...

And of course I cut the duratracs again.... Second doing this. Looking forward to getting these MTR's on soon...
Old 05-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
That looks familiar....

So I did this...

Had help from Finn of course but good welding lessons. It held up perfect climbing that super steep rock at the beginning of the south trail. Wonder if anyone got that on video....
Yeah, I have to service the truck this week, so while the skids are off, I am thinking of reinforcing it. Should be a swell time

No video of you climbing at the start of the trail. I'm sure someone got it though.