Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Season opener trail run in Ardbeg! May. 4th - 5th

Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Season opener trail run in Ardbeg! May. 4th - 5th

Alright folks, just found out i got the Saturday off guaranteed and this will be the opening weekend for all Ontario trails, so lets go wheelin'!

The plan is to meet for 9-10 am in Parry Sound or Ardbeg on the Saturday morning and wheel both the North trail and South trail over those two days. Obviously we'll be camping overnight on the Saturday so come prepared.

More details will be available as the date gets closer and if we don't get much interest over here, i'll post something up in SONTT as well.

So who wants to play!!?!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Guess we'll start a list....

1) Gylar
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #3

No thread is complete without a few videos teasing everyone...

http://youtu.be/wZzaS2KILFk

http://youtu.be/q9vJN6No_Ls

http://youtu.be/rCS9fvbpCOI

http://youtu.be/H0vIMhE9kDc

http://youtu.be/07KfL7uI8Cg

***just so everyone knows, most obstacles are off the main trail. Ardbeg hydro line is a pretty stock friendly trail for all rigs..***
Old 04-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
Justroc is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
The videos make me drool, but the only downside I am facing is, I wont have my lift till the end of may, as I am waiting for my ATV to sell so I can use that money for my lift. I see you mentioned the trials are stock friendly.

So would I be okay to spend the weekend with you guys with my truck still stock?

If so I am really interested
Old 04-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #5

Absolutely! Perhaps i shouldn't show videos like that because i don't want to scare people off in the least bit. You do not need a lift at all to do Ardbeg. (I didn't the first year as well)

The main trail is very stock friendly, no lift required, 32" tires would do just fine. Its the side obstacles spread throughout the place that makes it interesting. You can really pick and choose just how extreme you want to go but the main trail is super easy....
Old 04-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #6

Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
Okay sounds good, I have the Saturday off, but working sunday, so might just have to be a day trip for myself, but I am defiantly up for it if stock can run the main trial.

So count me in

1) Gylar
2) Justroc
Old 04-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #7

Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
Gylar, will you be at the SONTT meet on sunday?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
I may be able to come, just got to see whats going on at my parents house. Im home from school so their project list becomes mine...the joys of having a truck Ill add my name up as soon as I know.

Il represent this though in my sig
Old 04-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #9

Even coming for just the day will be a great time. But there's nothing like sitting near a fire, in front of a lake with a cold one in your hands after a great day of wheelin. That just can't be beat. You may want to call in sick Sunday

Yup, i'll be at the M&G this Sunday. I may be a few mins late tho. Gotta pick something up for the truck before hand.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Even coming for just the day will be a great time. But there's nothing like sitting near a fire, in front of a lake with a cold one in your hands after a great day of wheelin. That just can't be beat. You may want to call in sick Sunday
Was considering this too. How far is Ardbeg from say Toronto? May be able to due a day trip.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #11

Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
Aha, great job painting a picture in my head, Ill try and get someone to cover it ahead of time.

Okay, well I will see you on sunday then, dont think ill be staying for the lunch though, have an exam monday, tuesday, wednesday, already taking time out to come to the meet.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #12

Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
Was considering this too. How far is Ardbeg from say Toronto? May be able to due a day trip.
I google maps it, says 3 hour drive from my house in Mississauga, although i never go by their time, should be about a 2-2.5 hour trip
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
I may be able to come, just got to see whats going on at my parents house. Im home from school so their project list becomes mine...the joys of having a truck Ill add my name up as soon as I know.

Il represent this though in my sig
Stop playing, you know you're coming!

Besides, gotta test the new mods out anyways AND imo letting your Tacoma laze around for the weekend just to do yard duty is a serious case of offroad neglect.

I'm liking the new sig! .
Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justroc View Post
Aha, great job painting a picture in my head, Ill try and get someone to cover it ahead of time.

Okay, well I will see you on sunday then, dont think ill be staying for the lunch though, have an exam monday, tuesday, wednesday, already taking time out to come to the meet.
If you can get the Sunday off, i'd say it'll be worth your while.

See you this weekend then. Doubt i'll be staying for lunch either since i'll have the dogs with me and .....
Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #15

Got a thread going on SONTT as well guys....

http://www.sontt.com/forum/viewtopic...p=41648#p41648
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Stop playing, you know you're coming!

Besides, gotta test the new mods out anyways AND imo letting your Tacoma laze around for the weekend just to do yard duty is a serious case of offroad neglect.

I'm liking the new sig! .
See how it goes, hopefully I can get my transfer skid tumour delete going and y-pipe going before then. Maybe my folks will give me the weekend off haha.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #17
cerutti is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
cerutti's Tacoma Gallery
im in ( with the fj)

here are some "lighter videos" from last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHvgkl45-YI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kekW4To61L8
Old 04-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #18

Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the videos, gives me some confidence running stock compared to Gylars vids
Old 04-13-2013, 01:36 AM   #19
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
Damn yu Mikes. Put me in tentative. I'll try to get someone to cover me.
Nancy's gonna kill me
Old 04-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #20
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
Last year a guy did the south trail in a stock pathy with half bald all seasons. Only needed a little help (in pouring rain up a hill).

1) Gylar
2) Justroc
3) Sloweburn (Tentative)