Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

D-rings for bed bolts in Canada?

Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Twatwaffles will become famous soon enough

Twatwaffles's Tacoma Gallery
D-rings for bed bolts in Canada?

I've seen the how-to threads for adding non-Toyota D-rings to the bed frame bolts to strap down heavier loads, and the surplus website that has the crazy 5 D-rings for like $5 bucks deal. Unfortunately, its like $30 bucks to get them shipped to Canada. Anyone know of a cheaper source, or one from Canada that I can get these from?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
RRDave is on a distinguished road
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
I found mine at Parts for Trucks. I think they were like $5/each. Dont' remember the part # though, you'll just have to go in and ask one of the guys. They had a catalogue of different tie downs etc and they were in there.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
I had read about the Dodge ones. I think from a sprinter van, when I looked I found some that might work but I dont have a price. 05104500AA was the number I came up with
Old 05-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
You got Dodge Dealerships up there? Look for Dodge sprinter Drings (~$3.50 US).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
You can order them directly from Mopar here for $3.48/ea + shipping. Just search for '2005' 'Sprinter Wagon' and use part # 05104500AA. Make sure to use the 'Wagon' addition as searching 'Sprinter' alone doesn't find the part. If you have trouble with their site (it often blows dog) you can also call them directly. I know I saw a number on their site before, but can't find it now. Their official name for the part is: 'Ring, Ring-Retainer'. What you see above is all you will get with no bolt, backing plate, etc. If you can find them via the site search they will list at $27.84, but that's for a quantity of 8 as that was the standard complement for each van. If you add it to your cart, it will only add one and you can adjust quantity from there. You can also order them through your local crappy Dodge dealer rather than pay s/h. After fighting with the site, I went this route and paid $5.34/ea + tax ($22.96 for four).
The P/N has been in my sig since I found out about them. Still gotta pick some up...
Old 05-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
jesseunvoas is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Jesse
jesseunvoas's Tacoma Gallery
i bought the dodge van ones and they work great cost more for the torx then the 4 rings

only thing is to open then a little if you can or grind some crap away so they will open and close easier mine are really stiff and stay up all the time
Old 05-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
Toyoda
VA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shedVA7FQT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
VA7FQT's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota sells the factory ones, they work great and aren't too expensive. Usually in stock too.