1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can't find a taco to suit me so maybe mods?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by jatindersandhu1, May 15, 2013.

1. May 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    jatindersandhu1

jatindersandhu1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    coming soon
    Hi there this is my frist post on tacoma world and I have been saving for quite some time for a new ride and I have decided to go in for a 2009+ tacoma because they are pretty badass :) but I have come across a issue so I need the taco to be crew cab/double cab as I also haul my friends and co workers around and I wanted to get the trd off road edition because I wanted the ATRAC and locking rear but thats the kicker as I have searched quite hard and can not find this model in Canada and going through Toyota it seems like OR never comes in crew cab/double cab. So either this truck is not avalible currently because I did find a 2011 trd off road in Pennsylvania lol but it does me no good cause I want that truck in canada. So I thought I could go with a cheaper truck like a standard SR5 and buy mods to custom a truck for myself but I am not sure if I wanted to go down that route as I am new to this and not sure of performance issues and associated costs from all these mods. So I turn to you the smartest people on the interwebz and I say "Help I am dieing....from no truck"

2. May 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    The TRD Offroad comes in double cab with a short bed (5foot) only in the USA. In Canada you can only find it with the access cab and regular 6foot bed.

IMO: You're better off going with an SR5 and going aftermarket with what you want to achieve. It would probably work out cheaper in the end anyways,

3. May 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    VanCity4x

VanCity4x Well-Known Member

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    Welcome to the fourm.

Here you go,
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/cto/3799513598.html

Theres usually at least one Dub cab TRD Offroad from the States kicking around on craigslist. That ones looks pretty clean too. Might have to sacrafice not having a 2009+ which only really have led tail lights and a few minior other modifications.

4. May 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    Boost JuNkY

Boost JuNkY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2003 TACOMA DC OFF ROAD
    35'S ON 3s
    09+ OR DC is a great choice if we did have it in canada. My first taco I had to get someone to import it for me cuz I wanted automatic in short bed.

May I ask why you require the ATRAC and locker? If youre not gonna wheel it then youre better off with a sport or sr5.

Products Discussed in

To Top