Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Can't find a taco to suit me so maybe mods?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
jatindersandhu1 is on a distinguished road
jatindersandhu1's Tacoma Gallery
Can't find a taco to suit me so maybe mods?

Hi there this is my frist post on tacoma world and I have been saving for quite some time for a new ride and I have decided to go in for a 2009+ tacoma because they are pretty badass but I have come across a issue so I need the taco to be crew cab/double cab as I also haul my friends and co workers around and I wanted to get the trd off road edition because I wanted the ATRAC and locking rear but thats the kicker as I have searched quite hard and can not find this model in Canada and going through Toyota it seems like OR never comes in crew cab/double cab. So either this truck is not avalible currently because I did find a 2011 trd off road in Pennsylvania lol but it does me no good cause I want that truck in canada. So I thought I could go with a cheaper truck like a standard SR5 and buy mods to custom a truck for myself but I am not sure if I wanted to go down that route as I am new to this and not sure of performance issues and associated costs from all these mods. So I turn to you the smartest people on the interwebz and I say "Help I am dieing....from no truck"
Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD Offroad comes in double cab with a short bed (5foot) only in the USA. In Canada you can only find it with the access cab and regular 6foot bed.

IMO: You're better off going with an SR5 and going aftermarket with what you want to achieve. It would probably work out cheaper in the end anyways,
Old 05-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the fourm.

Here you go,
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nv...799513598.html

Theres usually at least one Dub cab TRD Offroad from the States kicking around on craigslist. That ones looks pretty clean too. Might have to sacrafice not having a 2009+ which only really have led tail lights and a few minior other modifications.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
09+ OR DC is a great choice if we did have it in canada. My first taco I had to get someone to import it for me cuz I wanted automatic in short bed.

May I ask why you require the ATRAC and locker? If youre not gonna wheel it then youre better off with a sport or sr5.