Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

BC Bilstein 5100 Install

Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
jumpy737 is on a distinguished road
jumpy737's Tacoma Gallery
BC Bilstein 5100 Install

Two part question....anyone know of a good place to get the install done? Preferably on Vancouver Island but I can drive over if that's not possible.

I have a 2013 with the rear 4 leaf TSB. To level the truck what are the settings for the front and rear 5100's? I don't want much of a lift but I want to take out the front squat....any suggestions?
Old 05-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Set them on 1.75 to level with the rear TSB springs. Can't help ya on the shop part though. Try doing them yourself maybe?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Do it yourself or just take the existing strut and coil off and drive to like Canadian tire or something and get them to disassemble and reassemble with the new shock.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Get it done at Toyota and have then recalibrate the VSC / Skid Control ECU at the same time and do an alignment

One stop , done
Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Just do it yourself if you are able. Floor jack, jack stand and simple tools and can be done in no time then just pay to get a good alignment.
and a spring compressor
Old 05-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
jumpy737 is on a distinguished road
jumpy737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Get it done at Toyota and have then recalibrate the VSC / Skid Control ECU at the same time and do an alignment

One stop , done
Will these need to be adjusted after the install?

Also, has anyone just done the front and left the rear on the TSB?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy737 View Post
Will these need to be adjusted after the install?

Also, has anyone just done the front and left the rear on the TSB?
Yes

and yes
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Can be done safely w/o one as well but if you want to get one you can
Here's the thing though

People always say this stuff " just do it yourself , it's easy "

It's only easy if you are comfortable in your abilities to do it , and some people are not

I think it's easy to frame a hip roof , others may disagree
Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's the thing though

People always say this stuff " just do it yourself , it's easy "

It's only easy if you are comfortable in your abilities to do it , and some people are not

I think it's easy to frame a hip roof , others may disagree
i dont even know what that means. but im in the same boat. i much rather someone else work on my truck because then i have someone else to blame if shit goes wrong. especially with a daily driver. got my local mechanic to install my lift and then took it to kal tire for an alignment. all said and done i probably should have taken it to toyota.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
i dont even know what that means.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Hip roof = stupid
Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
Hip roof = stupid
Why would you say that
Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Why would you say that
Cost more look funny
Old 05-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
Cost more look funny
Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Get it done at Toyota it's a lot easier to get it covered by warranty if something goes wrong...

Is that the house of Oz?

I expected you to live in Camelot
Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post

Is that the house of Oz?

I expected you to live in Camelot
Not my house

Camelot is a silly place

http://youtu.be/1Npo0cmp-VY