Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Ontario Meet - Sept 2009

View Poll Results: Would you like to do some off-roading on Saturday?
Yes 7 77.78%
No 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
tsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of light

tsilliker's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to tsilliker
Ontario Meet - Sept 2009

This thread is to discuss and plan a meet in Southern Ontario in September 2009. I propose the 19th and 20th. I am just coming back the Iron Butt Motorcycle Rally ( http://ironbuttrally.com ) over the Labour Day weekend and I need a few weeks to recover.

We can meet at my house. I have a large rural property with lots of space for camping the Friday night and Saturday nights.

Activities could include:

BBQ Friday evening, breakfast Sat morning at a local restaurant, dirt drive on Saturday afternoon - possibly including offroading - and a dinner in Port Stanley, back to the Ranch for swimming and a bonfire Saturday evening.

This is a pic of my place:
Old 03-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
i'm in buddy!!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
Canadian in the South
CraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
CraigTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I am in for sure.

Let me know what to bring!!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Maritimers welcome?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
Canadian in the South
CraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Maritimers welcome?
Hell no!! Unless you bring your hockey sticks!!!! Just kidding man, I love these kind of meets. Two years ago, three of us from Ontario went down to PA for a Tacoma meet from another Tacoma board. Probably the best long weekend I have had in a long time!!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
tsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of light

Maritimers

squad314 - More than welcome, man! How could I say no? I am one!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin shack! I wish Ontario wasn't so far away or I would be out there in a minute.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #8
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Looks like I've gotta trip planned in September!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
PIP
AFP520 is a jewel in the roughAFP520 is a jewel in the roughAFP520 is a jewel in the rough

AFP520's Tacoma Gallery
I'll keep this in mind. It's been awhile since I've been up there.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:44 AM   #10
Canadian in the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
I'll keep this in mind. It's been awhile since I've been up there.
No excuse man!! I drove to your state for a meet two years ago. Now it's your turn!! Just don't bother bringing any of that Yankee beer with you...
Old 03-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
I am in. That weekend is perfect cause I have a wedding the next weekend. I will make the drive down mid week. The only way I won;t happen is if the fire season is too busy and they (bosses) wont give me the time off.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
Canadian in the South

Thane, have you worked out a cost per person for the weekend? Is it cool if I bring a motorhome to camp in?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #13

Firefighter:
How many hours past TO is London?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
3 hours
Old 03-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #15

Firefighter:
Thanks Nick....Good thing I love being in my truck.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #16
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
How about folk from south of the border ?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #17
Canadian in the South

Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksRig View Post
3 hours
More like 2 or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
How about folk from south of the border ?
I just invited 10 people from the PA area...who I met @ a Tacoma meet two years ago. That meet was a BLAST! This one is going to be better!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #18
1998coma is a splendid one to behold1998coma is a splendid one to behold1998coma is a splendid one to behold1998coma is a splendid one to behold1998coma is a splendid one to behold1998coma is a splendid one to behold

1998coma's Tacoma Gallery
i've always wanted to go to a tacoma meet...
Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #20

All are welcome from both sides of the border.

As far as costs go, there isn't much. Depending on how many we get out, folks might want to chip in $5 each for the BBQ fixins. Of course if we eat out, we'll arrange separate checks.

I'll check on opportunities for some wheelin' and what the costs might be. Craig, what about the UWO lands nearby?

I'd like to make this a family affair so wives, husbands, girlfriends, kids, and dogs are welcome. I'll buy your beer if you bring wife AND girlfriend!

Thinking about ordering pizza for around the fire Sat night, so we can all pitch in on this. I'll check on local motels and B&Bs for those not into camping.

Anyone know where to get fireworks?

Campers are welcome to come and hook up. Our water heater is not huge for copious showers, but the 20x40 inground pool is usually good for a refreshing dip. I'll look into an outside showerhead for the ladies.

Exit 86 of highway 402 is the closest exit (Delaware) to our house. I'll send further directions via IM.

Did I leave anything out?