1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Okanagan Beginner Trails

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bisontaco, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Aug 3, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    bisontaco

bisontaco [OP] Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport
    I'm looking for some easy trails to take out my tacoma. I am from Calgary, but have a place in Silverstar. I know that there is an abundance of logging roads and trails around vernon/kelowna. I am looking for something relatively lax, but possibly with good views, and a destination (mine or lake or cool view). If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. Some rough directions too. Thanks.

P.S I have a double cab, 6 foot bed, trd sport, 3 inch ome lift, 275 tires.

2. Aug 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    ChiveOn

ChiveOn City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    Head up to Postil Lake just outside Kelowna. Drive behind the Kelowna airport on Ellison Rd, after the air control tower turn on to Postil Lake RD. Drive up Postil Lake Rd for 3 KM and take the dirt road that goes off to the left. There are a signs marking is logging road and within a minute of being on the road you will cross an old bridge. There are some decent trails all around up there.

For the best views I recommend two places:
    1) Beaver Lake Rd in Winfield. Turn left at the first intersection after the McDonalds (if you are heading into Kelowna), you will go down a hill past some manufacturing shops then up into the grassy slopes (sun burn hill). I love the views from up here as you can see the entire valley.

2) At the Beaver lake Rd intersection, turn up the hill (Right) if you are heading into Kelowna. Follow the road as it bends left (don't go straight), right after the road maintenance yard turn right onto Okanagan Centre RD West. Follow this road up over the hill, when it crests and you start going down hill you will see a dirt road called "Tyndale" take it for awesome views. Also for other cool views you can follow Okanagan Centre Rd to the bottom of the hill.

All over Okanagan Centre Rd and Tyndale Rd are absolutely amazing views and look outs and great wineries. If you get lost google Grey Monk winery.

Hope this helps mate.

Cheers,

3. Aug 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    bisontaco

bisontaco [OP] Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport
    Thanks, much appreciated, I'll let you know how it goes.

Products Discussed in

To Top