Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Okanagan Beginner Trails

Old 08-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
bisontaco is on a distinguished road

bisontaco's Tacoma Gallery
Okanagan Beginner Trails

I'm looking for some easy trails to take out my tacoma. I am from Calgary, but have a place in Silverstar. I know that there is an abundance of logging roads and trails around vernon/kelowna. I am looking for something relatively lax, but possibly with good views, and a destination (mine or lake or cool view). If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. Some rough directions too. Thanks.

P.S I have a double cab, 6 foot bed, trd sport, 3 inch ome lift, 275 tires.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Head up to Postil Lake just outside Kelowna. Drive behind the Kelowna airport on Ellison Rd, after the air control tower turn on to Postil Lake RD. Drive up Postil Lake Rd for 3 KM and take the dirt road that goes off to the left. There are a signs marking is logging road and within a minute of being on the road you will cross an old bridge. There are some decent trails all around up there.

For the best views I recommend two places:
1) Beaver Lake Rd in Winfield. Turn left at the first intersection after the McDonalds (if you are heading into Kelowna), you will go down a hill past some manufacturing shops then up into the grassy slopes (sun burn hill). I love the views from up here as you can see the entire valley.

2) At the Beaver lake Rd intersection, turn up the hill (Right) if you are heading into Kelowna. Follow the road as it bends left (don't go straight), right after the road maintenance yard turn right onto Okanagan Centre RD West. Follow this road up over the hill, when it crests and you start going down hill you will see a dirt road called "Tyndale" take it for awesome views. Also for other cool views you can follow Okanagan Centre Rd to the bottom of the hill.

All over Okanagan Centre Rd and Tyndale Rd are absolutely amazing views and look outs and great wineries. If you get lost google Grey Monk winery.

Hope this helps mate.

Cheers,
Old 08-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
bisontaco is on a distinguished road

bisontaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, much appreciated, I'll let you know how it goes.