1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Duck hunting in BC- worth it for a trip?

Discussion in 'British Columbia (BC)' started by Sido, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Nov 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    Sido

Sido [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    None
    My best friend lives in Vancouver, and we try and meet every year. Normally we ride around on the skytrain, go to the funky winkerbean and run up a high tab drinking Molson Canadian, and spend the rest of the night talking about Harper, the great taser incident at Vancouver airport, and the ambitions of the wildrose party in Alberta.

We were making plans for a trip this year, and he suggested we try duck hunting instead. The long of the short is this man is not exactly an outdoorsman. He is probably the greatest indoorsman you will ever meet.

If i do come up, it will be early/ mid December for a few days. Are there any good areas near Vancouver to hunt? Places you can rent a boat? Is it better on the island?

Would it be worth it?

If I don't come up to BC I'll have him come down here and we will go camping and hunt some feral hogs in New Mexico (no tags or license required), or do a camping trip through northern Mexico.

2. Nov 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    VanCity4x

VanCity4x Well-Known Member

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    Best local place would be Delta on the dyke around Boundary Bay. Duck hunting here is more difficult. It's not easy to hit them, they usually fly pretty high. I don't think there's any guided hunts around here either, ive never seen any. Maybe up in the interior.

For hunting there you need gun/hunting licence, tags, bcwf insurance for in the city and your shotgun. Licenses here are different then the states, take tests and wait 3+ months for approval. I don't know much about the non resident stuff but you would need to find a licensed guide, I don't think there's many around and I'm sure they will cost big $$$

If you want to do something up here and don't mind paying hit up a fishing lodge, some of the best in the world.

3. Nov 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    TotalBrutal

TotalBrutal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 4X4
    Front 5100s @ 0, OME 844s, Rear 5100s, AFE pro dry filter
    Duck hunting on the island is dismal at best, at least what From what I've seen. As mentioned you would probably have better luck in the interior. I know I haven't shot any ducks since moving to BC from Ontario, it was stupid easy there.

To Top