Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

TRD Super Charger :confused:

Old 11-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #21
Knuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jamie
Knuckles's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that's true for sure. I dont miss the taxes I was paying when in Ontario and BC.

Maybe I'll call around to other provinces and see if pricing is different. Calgary tends to be pricey for most things.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask about your sig pic...you pull off that bathing suit quite well, how do you stay so toned hahahaha
Old 11-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #23
Knuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of light
I have a place in Calgary right now.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #24
Fuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Cochrane Toyota is advertising it for $6186 installed through kijiji.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ536837551

I'd love to do the supercharger as well, but $350 off isn't really enough of a discount to make me jump haha.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #25
II'mm actually somewhat impressed there is any deal going on. At least I know what I can talk them down to without much trouble. May just need to go on a road trip to Boise Idaho or something.

Thanks for posting that up though!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
Fuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shedFuse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fuse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
II'mm actually somewhat impressed there is any deal going on. At least I know what I can talk them down to without much trouble. May just need to go on a road trip to Boise Idaho or something.

Thanks for posting that up though!
No problem. I figure at the very least you might be able to use that as leverage with your current dealer to match Cochrane Toyota's price if you want to stay local.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #27
JLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Former NH LEO
JLee50's Tacoma Gallery
7k? JFC, I could probably build a forged 5vz and put a GT35 on it for less than that.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #28
I know, it is crazy. Thats probably why theres like a dozen diesel toys conversions in Alberta I guess...after you start adding stuff up you just say "well, I'm almost half way there in price, I may as well go all in".

I'd really like to find out if anyone has travelled across the border for a supercharger install. I really want to support my local guys (I've already over payed for some stuff just for that reason) but a couple thousand bucks is kinda my tip over point.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #29
k.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kirk
k.strong's Tacoma Gallery
Why not swap in a FJ motor? Probably cheaper and still gain power.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #30
I've also seen guys spend about that much building up an n/a 1gr with good results (pistons, rods, cams, injectors, programmer would be right around that price...and that would be a solid motor...not sure what a dyno would look like though)
Old 11-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #31
Swap an FJ motor?? I'm googling as I speak....I am fairly ignorant with the differences there
Old 11-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #32
So, in my 2.5 minutes of searching, is the only difference really just dual vvti? The do have a bump in power, but it seems to be in the 10-15 range on torque. Lots of work for 15ft.lbs.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #33
k.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kirk
k.strong's Tacoma Gallery
My bad. Ive heard they made more power but didnt google it before saying that.

I wish I had the money to put a supercharger in. But for the same price id rather get a sportbike.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #34
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
I too am interested in the possibility of a cheaper S/C option
Old 11-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #35
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe an Alberta group buy :-D
Old 11-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #36
Honestly, I say if we're going to do a group buy we would still be far better off buying from the dealer in Great Falls south of the border. Imagine getting 10 guys from AB, BC, Sask to get in on it. Bet we could get it down to $4000 installed. Here in Alberta, I dont think they would even care. Maybe though....always worth a shot. Best we could get would be right at that $6000 mark though. What we really need is a Toyota Mechanic that wants to make like $750 per install and just buy them from the states at a group price. Maybe theres a way we could have the warranty issue worked around that way....hmmm
Old 11-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #37
Vassily28 is on a distinguished road
Vassily28's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota canada is charging a fix fee of 8 hrs to install it so like said around 1000$.

What i can say, it's that the Toyota mechanic has taken a lot more time to do it on my truck.

About the result now. With the stock pulley at 20C, the boost was around 5.5 to 6 psi. In same conditions with the 2.85 stealth pulley, the boost is around 7.5 psi. I will have to wait colder weather to see the maximum but at 0C, the boost was around 8 psi.

In summer conditions with a good tune : 298.2 RWHP and 328.6 lbs-pi

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...-w-mods-5.html

post#93
Old 11-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #38

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
I would install myself if I got one at a acceptable price
Old 11-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #39
Well, if youre considering your own install then theres nothing really to hold you back from picking one up in the states for around $3900. Price/torque ratio is very nice at that $3900. I was thinking of doing the same, but I would pretty much kiss all my warranty good-bye I think.

Thanks for the info, Vassily. Im going to check out that link right away. Awesome numbers you achieved.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #40
Not to resurrect or anything, just wanted to give an update that if I want a supercharger that bad that I would be willing to give something up for it.......so that's what I did, good-bye leather and nav, hello s/c!