1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Insurance question

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rcchris, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Nov 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    rcchris

rcchris [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Halifax
    Vehicle:
    '12 v6 4wd access cab auto black
    I have a question for anyone that has any knowledge on this, and I searched the Canadian forum, and couldn't find anything insurance related, before I posted this.
    Interesting thing happened at work last night. I was working 7pm to 7am, and it was a pretty stormy night here in Halifax, lots of wind and rain. I was parked in our work parking lot, and got a call from a co-worker around 430am telling me there was 20ft awning laying across the top of my truck. So I go out to look, and sure enough he wasn't joking!
    The awning, the type that is tube steel frame, covered in vinyl, was laying against my shell, and from what I can guess from the scratches that run all the way across the top from one side to the other, must have landed directly on top, and then slid down to one side. I haven't had a chance to get a great look at it in the light yet, but looks like all damage is contained to my ARE shell.
    It looks like someone runs a business out of the building, but when I got off work at 7am this morning, no one was around. I left a note, with my name and number, and explained what had happened, and that me and some guys from work, put their awning back in their yard.
    So my question is, will their home/business insurance cover this, or will I have to go through my comprehensive to get it fixed up? I don't know if that counts as an "act of god", or if it was because the awning wasn't attached properly.
    Anyone been through anything similar?

Products Discussed in

To Top