1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ECGS bushing FIX - Kelowna, BC area

Discussion in 'British Columbia (BC)' started by BCTRD, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Dec 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    BCTRD

BCTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Kelowna, BC
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD SPORT
    Hey everyone,

I was having issues with Vibes and Growling noises from near the front
    of my 2008 tacoma after I did my lift a month ago.

I found out about this bushing from East Coast Gear Supply that replaces
    the needle bearing in the front differential on the drivers side where the CV axles goes into the diff. Many of you have maybe read about this before or maybe not.

Only had it installed now for 1 day but TOTALLY cured my vibes and
    NO terrible NOISE now :D

If anyone is having these problems with there 2nd gen tacomas I would highly recommend buying and installing the bushing.

Drew.

THANKS FOR THIS FIX, CHASE AT EAST COAST GEAR SUPPLY!!!!

www.eastcoastgearsupply.com

link:

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-8536125-toyota-8-clamshell-bushing.html

2. Dec 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Yup. Great product. Not hard to do. A little time consuming and I highly recommend removing the coilover and pushing the UCA/LCA out of the way to hammer away on the new bushing.

You'll hate yourself otherwise/ give yourself the best forearm workout since you discovered what else your pecker was good for.

aeok18109 likes this.
  3. Dec 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    Benson X

Benson X My build thread sucks...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    If you don't draw blood, you're doing it wrong!
    :rofl:

If I ever start a company, you will be my lead advertising/marketing director.

4. Dec 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
  5. Dec 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    BCephus

BCephus Alright then

Member:
    First Name:
    Slingblade
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DCabSB 6 speed OME'd
    OME 886/dakar heavy, ARB bumper, 9.5XP warn, PDM tranquil kit, custom bullet hole tailgate anti theft kit, Camburg ball joint UCAs, Centerforce II clutch, FJ cruiser TRD wheels (black) with 285/75/16 Ds (white letters out, (Duh))
    :rofl: Me too!

Great to hear you got it straight. I just put a crapload of gear on mine (OME all around, ARB bumper, winch, 33BFG A/Ts and TRD FJ wheels). While I was under there yesterday, I shook my axle where it comes out of the diff on the drivers side. Had lots of slop. But the passenger's side has just as much. Pardon my ignorance but why would the passenger's side not need the bushing? Did you happen to notice how much play is in your passenger's side? Thanks!

6. Dec 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Zero play in my passenger side. :notsure:

7. Dec 21, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    BCephus

BCephus Alright then

Member:
    First Name:
    Slingblade
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DCabSB 6 speed OME'd
    OME 886/dakar heavy, ARB bumper, 9.5XP warn, PDM tranquil kit, custom bullet hole tailgate anti theft kit, Camburg ball joint UCAs, Centerforce II clutch, FJ cruiser TRD wheels (black) with 285/75/16 Ds (white letters out, (Duh))
    Really? Dag. Thanks for looking. Looks like I need to do both sides. I had been considering doing an airlocker, which I believe fixes it also. Might drive down and have them (egcs) do one. But I had also considered gears, which means the rear also. I haven't recovered from all that other cash outlay yet. Daggone they are expensive. Oh well, I am "in" now. Too late to stop.:) It'll be a beast, hopefully. Thanks again.

8. Dec 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Anytime.

To Top