ECGS bushing FIX - Kelowna, BC area

Old 12-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
BCTRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
BCTRD's Tacoma Gallery
ECGS bushing FIX - Kelowna, BC area

Hey everyone,

I was having issues with Vibes and Growling noises from near the front
of my 2008 tacoma after I did my lift a month ago.

I found out about this bushing from East Coast Gear Supply that replaces
the needle bearing in the front differential on the drivers side where the CV axles goes into the diff. Many of you have maybe read about this before or maybe not.

Only had it installed now for 1 day but TOTALLY cured my vibes and
NO terrible NOISE now

If anyone is having these problems with there 2nd gen tacomas I would highly recommend buying and installing the bushing.

Drew.

THANKS FOR THIS FIX, CHASE AT EAST COAST GEAR SUPPLY!!!!

www.eastcoastgearsupply.com

link:

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-853...l-bushing.html
Old 12-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Yup. Great product. Not hard to do. A little time consuming and I highly recommend removing the coilover and pushing the UCA/LCA out of the way to hammer away on the new bushing.

You'll hate yourself otherwise/ give yourself the best forearm workout since you discovered what else your pecker was good for.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Yup. Great product. Not hard to do. A little time consuming and I highly recommend removing the coilover and pushing the UCA/LCA out of the way to hammer away on the new bushing.

You'll hate yourself otherwise/ give yourself the best forearm workout since you discovered what else your pecker was good for.

If I ever start a company, you will be my lead advertising/marketing director.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
Alright then
BCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Slingblade
BCephus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post

Me too!

Great to hear you got it straight. I just put a crapload of gear on mine (OME all around, ARB bumper, winch, 33BFG A/Ts and TRD FJ wheels). While I was under there yesterday, I shook my axle where it comes out of the diff on the drivers side. Had lots of slop. But the passenger's side has just as much. Pardon my ignorance but why would the passenger's side not need the bushing? Did you happen to notice how much play is in your passenger's side? Thanks!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #7
Alright then
BCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCephus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Slingblade
BCephus's Tacoma Gallery
Really? Dag. Thanks for looking. Looks like I need to do both sides. I had been considering doing an airlocker, which I believe fixes it also. Might drive down and have them (egcs) do one. But I had also considered gears, which means the rear also. I haven't recovered from all that other cash outlay yet. Daggone they are expensive. Oh well, I am "in" now. Too late to stop. It'll be a beast, hopefully. Thanks again.