Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

ARB from USA or local

Old 01-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
Darrylb is on a distinguished road

Darrylb's Tacoma Gallery
ARB from USA or local

I'm currently pricing out an ARB for my 08 DC.

Wheelers has it for $950 + $185 shipping to the border. - $1135 us + tax/duty

North shore off road $1220 + tax $146 (12% gst and pst)? -$1366 can

Has anyone recently brought one of these across the border? How much duty can I expect to pay on top of the taxes I will pay at the border
Old 01-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
i bet you it will be so close that it won't matter what you go with. but then again i have never been charged duty at the border for anything i have brought across, only had to pay the 12% taxes. another option is to get a fab shop like cruisin offroad to build you a bumper, and it will probably be less in the end. they do awesome work.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #3

Darrylb's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to get Jason to build me a bumper, cost would be the same.
But I still use the truck for my daily driver, I usually have my two kids and wife in there as well.
The ARB is the only bumper engineered to work with the airbag system, and the only bumper that does animal strike tests.

I understand that other bumpers might be just a strong or stronger than the ARB, but the ARB is engineered to work with tacoma and its crash safety systems.

Bottom line. I would hate to have a small fender bender and have the airbag go off in my wife's face, or a big accident and no airbag at all.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried getting anymore prices in Canada ?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #5

Darrylb's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody else is responding to me, ouipack is no longer an ARB dealer. North shore off road is the only one so far
Old 01-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
When I was first bumper shopping chilliwack cap it quoted me $1550 for a base arb without the fog light kit and not installed.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
When I was first bumper shopping chilliwack cap it quoted me $1550 for a base arb without the fog light kit and not installed.

Damn , that's out
Old 01-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #9
Yeah It was ridiculous.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #10
CanadaToy is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
CanadaToy's Tacoma Gallery
Since when is ouipack no longer a distributor?
Old 01-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaToy View Post
Since when is ouipack no longer a distributor?

End of the year I believe
Old 01-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #12
BazzokaJoe is on a distinguished road
Royal Canadian Air Force: 425 ETAC
Name: Olivier
BazzokaJoe's Tacoma Gallery
ouipack still is a distributor according to there web site ...
Old 01-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazzokaJoe View Post
ouipack still is a distributor according to there web site ...

Email them
Old 02-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #14
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up my bumper across border. it was about $1350 all in. Crap It in kelowna was about $1600, not installed, for the exact same product. Saved a little.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
swissrallyman is on a distinguished road

swissrallyman's Tacoma Gallery
What I did was purchase through Wheelers and pick up at the ARB distribution centre in Seattle. That way there are no shipping charges and Wheelers might even give you a deal as they just facilitate the purchase. Just pay HST at the border, save hundreds. Got an OME lift while I was there as well.