Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Canadian owners with 2014 double cab SR5

Old 01-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
GreatCanadian is on a distinguished road
GreatCanadian's Tacoma Gallery
Canadian owners with 2014 double cab SR5

Hi all. From Newfoundland here. I am picking up my new truck on Saturday and have a question. My Toyota brochure that I picked up at the dealership states that this truck comes with auto dimming mirror with outside temperature gauge and digital compass and backup camera. However, I have been reading some reports that some buyers have received their vehicle with the regular old style mirror with the flip button. Do any of you have this particular truck, and can confirm for me one way or the other. Thank you.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:20 AM   #2
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
According to Toyata's website, that is part of the SR5 packakge
Old 01-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Got the truck today. SR5. No outside temp gauge.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Rubberhead
Fahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fahrenheit's Tacoma Gallery
That seems a little odd.... It has the backup camera but not the temp guage??? Did you ask the salesman about that and why they advertise the temp guage and yet yours does not have it?
Old 01-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
In the brochure it says to check the website for updated changes. The website does NOT list the outside temp gauge as an option. Digital compass yes, temp gauge no.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
5tun is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
5tun's Tacoma Gallery
Check your owners manual, it might just be turned off
Old 01-26-2014, 04:58 AM   #7
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would definitely check with the dealer. It is not mentioned anywhere with regards to the 2014, but I can't see them dropping that.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #8
Yep. Its dropped apparently.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:57 AM   #9

Interesting, I wonder why?
Old 02-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #10
Crazyblackdog is on a distinguished road
Crazyblackdog's Tacoma Gallery
It was replaced with the weather app on the stereo. The backup cam also uses the stereo, no longer on the mirror. There are few threads with many other unhappy people.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:11 AM   #11
I don't have a weather app on my stereo. Not that I'm aware of anyway. Does it require navigation GPS or does it run off satellite radio or something?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:15 PM   #12
Gooch is on a distinguished road
Gooch's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my 14 DC SR5 on Saturday. Auto dimming mirror: Yes. Compass: Yes. Temp gauge: No (checked the manual already). Weather app: No.