Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

320 km per tank? 2013 tacoma

Old 02-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #21
SeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: PO1
Name: James
SeminoleTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
Why doesnt everyone just use km's, this is the canadian regional section is it not? lol so annoying having to convert miles to km's
I had to keep converting KM to MILES lol I saw the thread on the active feed that's why I chimmed in, I tried keeping it Canadian. This is a learning experience for me, didn't realize this is something you dealt with up there with the summer blends and winter blends.

All in all I think the OP has an issue with his truck. At least I hope and it is an easy fix?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:32 PM   #22
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah there is something wrong. Before I regeared when I was on 35's I got over 400 regularly in the city.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #23
SteelHorse is on a distinguished road

Name: George
SteelHorse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drek View Post
So i have a 2013 tacoma trd sport, 9000km on it. I have aftermarket wheels/tires and a 3" level kit. Ive researched the avg mpg and it comes up between 15-20mpg (400-550km/tank). Im lucky to pull 320km per tank, do you think something mechaincal is wrong? I admit i have a slightly heavy foot and do around 130km/hr hwy. Even with the heavy foot and speeding i should still higher than 320km/tank right?
No. I'll explain.

I have a '12 DCLB V6 4x4 TRD with almost everything.

When my truck was stock, it averaged around 600km on 60 liters of gas.
[ it turned out to be around 28.5 mpg hwy ]. It stopped being stock after
3000km, and I never looked back, even though I'm a daily driver.

After I leveled it, added around 700 lbs armour, 250 lbs of canopy,
100 lbs of heavier suspension, and 50 lbs of tools I now get around 430 kms combined ( 15 mpg).

If you level your truck, you loose mpg. If you raise your truck, the loss
becomes worse. With aftermarket wheels and large tires, the loss is compounded even more.

Maybe try a few things;

If you have load range "E" on your tires, try and take your tire air pressure
to around 55% of that load rating. People will think I'm nuts, but
it has helped me a lot with my fuel economy. Just make sure the tire
pressure is the same on all wheels.

Are you driving H4? You should be driving consistantly at H2, unless
your off road.

Do you have an manual, or automatic? Your rpms should not go above 2000. Try shifting when you hit the 1400-1800 range for now,
because after 2000 rpms, your truck burning fuel at a rapid rate at 2000
or more.

You state your tires are 32.5 inches, so doing a little math I think that's think 285/75/R16, right?

What are your rim/Wheel and tire sizes, if I could ask?

Oh, I forgot, I'm Canadian.

Please?
Old 02-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #24
jro1 is on a distinguished road

Name: jesse
jro1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So i have a 2013 tacoma trd sport, 9000km on it. I have aftermarket wheels/tires and a 3" level kit. Ive researched the avg mpg and it comes up between 15-20mpg (400-550km/tank). Im lucky to pull 320km per tank, do you think something mechaincal is wrong? I admit i have a slightly heavy foot and do around 130km/hr hwy. Even with the heavy foot and speeding i should still higher than 320km/tank right?
130km/hr! No wonder dude, take it easy on the speed! I do 98% highway driving and I drive 100km/hr and get 450km a tank. If I'm in a hurry to get home I'll drive 120km/hr and watch my gas gauge go down quickly!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #25
CanadaToy is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
CanadaToy's Tacoma Gallery
Watching my scangauge, once i get up over 110 my mpg gets bad. I try to stay in the 100-110 range unless im in a hurry. 130 kills the mpg on these beasts.

Are you adding miles for the larger tires to your 320km?
Also, its much more accurate if you divide your miles per tank by the amount of fuel used to fill up. I have been returning 14 - 14.6l/100km this winter.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #26
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
You need to ask "what's a tank"? Is it the true tank volume (80 liters) or when the gauge needle reaches the E line (~70 liters) or maybe when the low fuel light comes on (~64 liters)???

Gallons x 3.785 = liters, Liters/3.785 = gallons

320 km per HOW MANY LITERS?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #27
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
95% of my driving is flat interstate in Mississippi. I'm not lifted & I'm still on factory tread driving a DCSB 4x4. I regularly get 650 km (~390 miles) to 700 km (~420 miles) to each tank driving just under 120kph (70 mph) on regular 87 fuel.

Km conversions are in my head so forgive the error but, the mile portion is correct for sure...I think. :-)
Old 03-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #28
taco613 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chad
taco613's Tacoma Gallery
My trucks lifted 3 inches and im on 265/75/16 with 1 1/4 wheel spacers. And when i drive 120 - 130km/h then ill only get 350 km per tank. if i take it easy ill get maybe 420 if im lucky before the empty tank light turnes on
Old 03-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #29
drek is on a distinguished road
drek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelHorse View Post
No. I'll explain.

I have a '12 DCLB V6 4x4 TRD with almost everything.

When my truck was stock, it averaged around 600km on 60 liters of gas.
[ it turned out to be around 28.5 mpg hwy ]. It stopped being stock after
3000km, and I never looked back, even though I'm a daily driver.

After I leveled it, added around 700 lbs armour, 250 lbs of canopy,
100 lbs of heavier suspension, and 50 lbs of tools I now get around 430 kms combined ( 15 mpg).

If you level your truck, you loose mpg. If you raise your truck, the loss
becomes worse. With aftermarket wheels and large tires, the loss is compounded even more.

Maybe try a few things;

If you have load range "E" on your tires, try and take your tire air pressure
to around 55% of that load rating. People will think I'm nuts, but
it has helped me a lot with my fuel economy. Just make sure the tire
pressure is the same on all wheels.

your off road.

Do you have an manual, or automatic? Your rpms should not go above 2000. Try shifting when you hit the 1400-1800 range for now,
because after 2000 rpms, your truck burning fuel at a rapid rate at 2000
or more.

You state your tires are 32.5 inches, so doing a little math I think that's think 285/75/R16, right?

What are your rim/Wheel and tire sizes, if I could ask?

Oh, I forgot, I'm Canadian.

Please?
I have an automatic. 18" wheels ill have to go look at the exact tire size later.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #30
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm in BC , and we have these things called kilometers
Ahhhh good one. I gots me an merican truck and I'm used to just remembering da miles now......... Eh!
Old 03-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #31
drek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
You need to ask "what's a tank"? Is it the true tank volume (80 liters) or when the gauge needle reaches the E line (~70 liters) or maybe when the low fuel light comes on (~64 liters)???

Gallons x 3.785 = liters, Liters/3.785 = gallons

320 km per HOW MANY LITERS?
Good point. Well i would say 70/Litres then. So 320km / 70L
Old 03-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #32
drek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaToy View Post
Watching my scangauge, once i get up over 110 my mpg gets bad. I try to stay in the 100-110 range unless im in a hurry. 130 kills the mpg on these beasts.

Are you adding miles for the larger tires to your 320km?
Also, its much more accurate if you divide your miles per tank by the amount of fuel used to fill up. I have been returning 14 - 14.6l/100km this winter.
I havnt added any miles for larger tire size
Old 03-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #33
SteelHorse is on a distinguished road

Name: George
SteelHorse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have an automatic. 18" wheels ill have to go look at the exact tire size later.
Well, first thing...

YOUR HEAVY FOOT NEEDS TO GO ON A DIET.

You must try to at least keep the speed down below 120km/h. The
only other thing is to run the tires with a little more pressure all the way
around. 2000 rpms are the roof of you acceleration. Don't go
above that.

If you re running R18 tires, the manual states you can safely bump the
cold tire pressure up to is ( page 566 in the 2012 owners manual ),

35lbs front and rear, but you can add 4lbs for total 39lbs for travel above
160km/h;(thats assuming P255/45/R18)

what I've seen in 29lbs on most trucks are P type tires, and those are
265/60/R whatever, 16, 17, 18.

If you have a LT tire, and at load range E, find the max
Pressure on the sidewall and take 55% of that, go from there.

but please, please, ease you foot a bit.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #34
drek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, first thing...

YOUR HEAVY FOOT NEEDS TO GO ON A DIET.

You must try to at least keep the speed down below 120km/h. The
only other thing is to run the tires with a little more pressure all the way
around. 2000 rpms are the roof of you acceleration. Don't go
above that.

If you re running R18 tires, the manual states you can safely bump the
cold tire pressure up to is ( page 566 in the 2012 owners manual ),

35lbs front and rear, but you can add 4lbs for total 39lbs for travel above
160km/h;(thats assuming P255/45/R18)

what I've seen in 29lbs on most trucks are P type tires, and those are
265/60/R whatever, 16, 17, 18.

If you have a LT tire, and at load range E, find the max
Pressure on the sidewall and take 55% of that, go from there.

but please, please, ease you foot a bit.
Gonna run a full tank at 110km/hr and test the results.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #35
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good point. Well i would say 70/Litres then. So 320km / 70L
In Lower 48 talk: 11 mpg I bet your odometer is out of whack?
Old 03-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #36
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
In Lower 48 talk: 11 mpg I bet your odometer is out of whack?

I got 13 mpg US a couple tanks ago
Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #37
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Slow down and you'll get more

My brand new tacoma gets less km/tank
Old 03-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #38
Supashawn is on a distinguished road
Supashawn's Tacoma Gallery
on my 09 DCLB im rarely hit 400km, im completely stock with new plugs and trd air filter and I drive slow and I do not force the truck...it just gets terrible mileage! any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #39
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Winter fuel is shit milage. I get 25% better milage in summer. Also has to do with warming the truck up and stuff
Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #40
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

your off road.

Who drives in 4H unless off road?