Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

320 km per tank? 2013 tacoma

Old 02-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
drek is on a distinguished road
drek's Tacoma Gallery

So i have a 2013 tacoma trd sport, 9000km on it. I have aftermarket wheels/tires and a 3" level kit. Ive researched the avg mpg and it comes up between 15-20mpg (400-550km/tank). Im lucky to pull 320km per tank, do you think something mechaincal is wrong? I admit i have a slightly heavy foot and do around 130km/hr hwy. Even with the heavy foot and speeding i should still higher than 320km/tank right?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
Dude
TacoMiller is on a distinguished road

TacoMiller's Tacoma Gallery
I get 350-400km on a tank for purely city driving, it gets closer to 600km per tank if I'm doing highway (2013 DCSB Manual stock suspension 265/75/16 LT tires). So that seems quite low
Old 02-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
CanadaToy is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
CanadaToy's Tacoma Gallery
My stock 11' DCLB 4x4 v6 has been returning 425km till the light turns on this winter. i bought it in november, so no "normal weather" mileage. The first 2 tanks were 500km till the light tho.
What size tires do you have?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
SeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: PO1
Name: James
SeminoleTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMiller View Post
I get 350-400km on a tank for purely city driving, it gets closer to 600km per tank if I'm doing highway (2013 DCSB Manual stock suspension 265/75/16 LT tires). So that seems quite low
x2. Now I am not sure and this may be a dumb question, are the trucks there in km or American? I get about 320 MILES on a tank and I drive with a heavy foot and have a 3" leveling lift with 285s. My truck is an '08 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 and my driving is a mix of city and highway. I had to convert your KM to 'Merican and it seems like your loosing way too much.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #5
Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTRD View Post
x2. Now I am not sure and this may be a dumb question, are the trucks there in km or American? I get about 320 MILES on a tank and I drive with a heavy foot and have a 3" leveling lift with 285s. My truck is an '08 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 and my driving is a mix of city and highway. I had to convert your KM to 'Merican and it seems like your loosing way too much.
Kilometers, It is quite low but the 350-400km per tank is during the winter season so the gas is not great. I also only have 8000km on the truck, as I understand the break-in period can be anywhere from 8000-16000km, at least thats what I keep telling myself
Old 02-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
If you're doing 130 then yes, you're going to get horrible mileage. This isn't a Prius. It's a giant brick. I do 100kph on the highway and I get around 500 to a tank. That's with all my goodies on there.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #7
SeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Kilometers, It is quite low but the 350-400km per tank is during the winter season so the gas is not great. I also only have 8000km on the truck, as I understand the break-in period can be anywhere from 8000-16000km, at least thats what I keep telling myself
Thanks for the clarification. I live in Florida so winters are short and sweet lol Is the gas dryer in the winters or is the engine burning more? Why would mpg drop? I htought it would go with with the dense air.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #8
Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTRD View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I live in Florida so winters are short and sweet lol Is the gas dryer in the winters or is the engine burning more? Why would mpg drop? I htought it would go with with the dense air.
Due to the lower temperature the gas composition can contain more lighter hydrocarbons (Butane, Pentane, ext..) and still achieve vapour pressure specifications. Those lighter hydrocarbons are cheaper but have a lower LHV (Lower Heating Value) so less energy is released in the combustion process.

...or something like that
Old 02-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

I usually get 400-430 when the light comes on with my DCLB 4x4 , LT 275/70/17 tires , 2 1/2" lift , commercial cap and 250lbs of tools
Old 02-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #10
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
320km seems quite low. I usually cross 400km in town even in winter until the light comes on. Stock suspension, LT 265/75/16 AT tires.

Highway is better. 500 or so km until the light comes on, but I also don't drive 130kph. 105-115kph is my usual highway speed.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Due to the lower temperature the gas composition can contain more lighter hydrocarbons (Butane, Pentane, ext..) and still achieve vapour pressure specifications. Those lighter hydrocarbons are cheaper but have a lower LHV (Lower Heating Value) so less energy is released in the combustion process.

...or something like that
riiiight... i'll go with something like that lol
Old 02-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
drek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaToy View Post
My stock 11' DCLB 4x4 v6 has been returning 425km till the light turns on this winter. i bought it in november, so no "normal weather" mileage. The first 2 tanks were 500km till the light tho.
What size tires do you have?
32.5 tires i believe.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #13
drek's Tacoma Gallery
I have an appointment tuesday morning, toyotas gonna have a look at it. I feel even with my lead foot 320km is bullshit
Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #14
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
i get 320 to 350km with 35's, regeared to 4.88 and lockers, sliders and full skid plates and allpro long travel.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #15
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
I freaking get 300 miles per tank.
And I drive slow!!!!!

Mainly city and highway together....
Old 02-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #16
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
I freaking get 300 miles per tank.
And I drive slow!!!!!

Mainly city and highway together....

Congrats that's over 150km more than the OP is talking about
Old 02-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #17
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you driving OP. I see responses from guys from Alberta but here in BC we have these things called mountains/hills and also corners/curves which reduce the gas mileage on our trucks.

I get around 220 miles on winter blend and 240-250 on summer blend.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #18
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Why doesnt everyone just use km's, this is the canadian regional section is it not? lol so annoying having to convert miles to km's
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
Why doesnt everyone just use km's, this is the canadian regional section is it not? lol so annoying having to convert miles to km's

because mericuh
Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
Where are you driving OP. I see responses from guys from Alberta but here in BC we have these things called mountains/hills and also corners/curves which reduce the gas mileage on our trucks.

I get around 220 miles on winter blend and 240-250 on summer blend.

I'm in BC , and we have these things called kilometers