Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Nice way to write off a Duramax

Old 03-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
Don't Do Meth
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wow. Sucks! This is the reason I want to buy a good quality dash camera, just in case anything like that ever happened.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Hell of an impact! I don't see anyway he could of avoided that.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #5
Tasty Taco
TacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitch
TacoMitch93's Tacoma Gallery
Shit! I'd be pissed.....
Old 07-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Posted by one guy in the comments section below:

Quote:
One distracted driver and another one not paying attention.... sorry for being the dick who points it out.... At the point where the vehicle starts rolling through the intersection there is a full 6 seconds.... at 60 MPH that translates 88 feet per second this leaves almost five hundred feet of clear roadway to slow down..... the vehicle you are driving does not slow down, it seems as you forgot about brakes.... could have been a moose and then it would have been body bags for sure....Glad everyone is okay though.
He is not wrong at all actually. THe more I watched it the more I noticed the same thing. Gotta be very mindful and pay close attention on these kinds of roads.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:31 PM   #7
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I disagree. The point at which that other vehicle entered the intersection in my mind was 1:02... Impact was at 1:05. I can't hear the audio or anything, but from strictly video I don't think I could have avoided it???
Old 07-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #8
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I disagree. The point at which that other vehicle entered the intersection in my mind was 1:02... Impact was at 1:05. I can't hear the audio or anything, but from strictly video I don't think I could have avoided it???
I agree with you. I watched the video in HD on my laptop and if you pause it just before impact you can see the guy in the dodge on a cell phone and completely oblivious to the fact he is about to get hit.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #9
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Posted by one guy in the comments section below:

He is not wrong at all actually. THe more I watched it the more I noticed the same thing. Gotta be very mindful and pay close attention on these kinds of roads.
~1:03 hood dives down due to driver braking.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #10
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't matter, the guy pulling out did not have the time or space to make it. The camera truck shouldn't have had to hit the brakes at all because the other guy never should have been in the middle of the road.
Driver also explains in the comments that the camera could see around the snow bank better than he could due to it's positioning on the windshield.

The video is like a horror movie. Starts really slow with happy music that is creepy because you know something bad is going to happen. Then BAM!! You jump out of your seat.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #12
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
No chance to avoid in either direction
Old 07-04-2014, 12:49 AM   #13
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. Looks like the camera is up higher than drivers line of sight. Probably didn't see him til his nose came into the lane. Even on my iPod I can see the nose dip down from braking. Definately makes me think about getting a camera for my truck with how often people around here cant see bright red.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #14
Tasty Taco
TacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMitch93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitch
TacoMitch93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Doesn't matter, the guy pulling out did not have the time or space to make it. The camera truck shouldn't have had to hit the brakes at all because the other guy never should have been in the middle of the road.
Driver also explains in the comments that the camera could see around the snow bank better than he could due to it's positioning on the windshield.

The video is like a horror movie. Starts really slow with happy music that is creepy because you know something bad is going to happen. Then BAM!! You jump out of your seat.
I agree completely
Old 07-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #15
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Doesn't matter if he shouldn't or should've been in the middle of the road. The facts of life dictate that he was there when he was there and the event which happened, happened. The only thing that could have been done about it is to have quick wit and to pay attention to everything happening around the road, and it is clear that neither of them had neither of those before the collision took place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No chance to avoid in either direction
Agreed. Lose/lose situation.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #16
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
The driver's reaction time and decisions were good enough to save the lives of possibly everyone involved. The idea of people watching the video on their computer and saying "should've done this, should've done that" is bullshit. The guy did exactly what he needed to do. Trucks can be replaced, people can't.