Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Broken Toyota...

Old 04-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
Jimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jim
Jimsc's Tacoma Gallery
Broken Toyota...

What, a broken down Toyota? I saw this Toyota broken down in front of the local Wal-Mart. I post this for all the Toyota homers who bash all the other American trucks.

I like Toyota trucks, but as you see they are not bullet proof. Lets keep it real...all trucks have mechanical problems not just the Big 3.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
smmarine's Tacoma Gallery
1. that's a tundra 2. Probably has a broken lower ball joint, which is avoidable with routine maintenance
Old 04-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Homers??? You're on a Toyota Tacoma forum. What do you expect?? We're enthusiasts and most of us love our Toyotas because of their reliability. The big 3 have nothing on Toyotas reliability.

I know, I know...don't feed the troll.....
Old 04-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Okay? haha, i'd rather drive my Toyota over any truck on the market right now, hands down.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #5
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Clearly someone was just jealous of this truck and hooked a tow strap around the front wheel and drove off. Actually, all things considered, i say its in pretty good shape.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
DocD will become famous soon enough

DocD's Tacoma Gallery
An obvious "PhotoShop"
Old 04-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
nickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nice

Name: Nick
nickonfire700's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen Tundra's had a recall for lower ball joints, because they started to crack and break over a short period of time. Looks like he never took it in...
Old 04-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #10
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickonfire700 View Post
1st gen Tundra's had a recall for lower ball joints, because they started to crack and break over a short period of time. Looks like he never took it in...
I thought I might have heard that. First gen Tacomas had the same problem with lower ball joints
Old 04-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmarine View Post
I thought I might have heard that. First gen Tacomas had the same problem with lower ball joints
Correct about first gens, Mine just fell off this past week. 181k miles
Old 04-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #12
nd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nd4spdbh's Tacoma Gallery
yup... classic lower ball joint failure on 1st gen taco's tundras and 3rd gen 4 runners.

all because the guy probably had 200k miles on it and it was one of the few that had a bad batch of LBJ's
Old 04-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #13
roundhouse is on a distinguished road

roundhouse's Tacoma Gallery
That's just an obvious example of warranty-voiding mall-crawling abuse, take your truck to such places and you have to expect the consequences.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #14
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Meh, so the wheel got jacked up... who's to say how it happened?

I betcha the engine still runs.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:12 AM   #15
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, nothing wrong with the truck. So alignment is slightly off and it tracks a little to the left but it runs like a champ.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnoyBOS5 View Post
Correct about first gens, Mine just fell off this past week. 181k miles
I should probably change mine when I lift haha. They are probably original with 161k on them
Old 04-08-2014, 04:51 AM   #17
Where we're going, we don't need roads
greeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

greeneggsnspam's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-08-2014, 05:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggsnspam View Post
Old 04-08-2014, 07:06 AM   #19
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattapunk View Post
Nah, nothing wrong with the truck. So alignment is slightly off and it tracks a little to the left but it runs like a champ.