Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

water sport roof rack options

Old 04-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
bc taco is on a distinguished road

EMS: Paramedic
bc taco's Tacoma Gallery
water sport roof rack options

I know this has been discussed in various areas before, but I am exhausting all options of research before I finally commit to purchasing a rack. I am looking into different ways to carry a kayak on my 2014 Tacoma (double cab) and was wondering if anybody has any experiences good or bad I could draw from...

I have a bare roof so I'm starting from scratch. Are the base racks that clip into the door bad due to the potential of water leak? They seem like they could damage the weather stripping and cause leaks.

I know the easiest way is to chuck them in the back and tie them down but I want a more reliable method to carry them for longer trips.

What do you use/suggestions?
Old 07-15-2014, 06:07 AM   #2
nevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nice

Air Force: F-16 Avionics Tech 01-07
Name: Andrew
nevenelestate's Tacoma Gallery
This thread might give you some ideas, a few people have posted pics of there taco with kayaks on them.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/spo...ng-thread.html