Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

X Runner in Canada for 2014 year, why?

Old 06-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #21
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ex-cel-lent Guy
Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Well , he doesn't , his other vehicle is a Scion

Good then he's one of the smart ones, but this came really off topic.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #22
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I would agree that in general , 2WD trucks in Canada is dumb
Old 06-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #23
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterdog View Post
That encourages my point! Oil patch guys here own 2-4 trucks, simply because they have too much money and too little foresight.
That blanket statement keep you warm at night?
Old 06-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #24
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
That blanket statement keep you warm at night?
Yup

Seriously though, I have several battery operators on my street that own more trucks than they have family members. Each truck has enough chrome on it eye protection should be required and rims large to make you wonder "who needs tires?" One of the faults of Alberta's hot job market is that a lot of the oil labourers spend their money on toys and put nothing away. There's even a company here that offers a Polaris Razor as a bonus at the end of the year instead of cash if you made enough money to cover 3/4 of the cost... That's why Alberta's busts are so huge, because literally overnight the manual labour oil industry workers lose it all.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #26
Resident Agrologist

Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
they
labourers
their
labour
Corrected. Blame my iPhone and a lack of f*cks I give about competent grammar in a friendly discussion . Shouldn't you be off chopping wood or destroying downtown Vancouver right now?
Old 06-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #27
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterdog View Post
Corrected. Blame my iPhone and a lack of f*cks I give about competent grammar in a friendly discussion . Shouldn't you be off chopping wood or destroying downtown Vancouver right now?

I don't live in Vancouver
Old 06-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #28
Kevindust is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
Kevindust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Plenty of Camaros and Mustangs sold in Canada, right? Equally uncontrollable in the snow.
Before I bought my Tacoma, I drove a Mustang GT all year around in Canadian winters and with proper tires it was amazing in the snow. Never got stuck once in 6 winters, never hit any snowbanks. All V8 Mustangs have had a LSD since at least 1986, so no "one wheel drive". The Mustang has better weight distribution than a 2wd truck but less ground clearance so it kind of evens out as an over all winter vehicle.

Is a 4x4 truck better in Canadian winter than a 2wd? Yes, it is. However, a 2wd is really all most people would ever need. I kept the Mustang and now I have the best of both worlds but if I could only have one vehicle all year around, I would strongly consider an X-Runner.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #29
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^If that 2WD is FWD, maybe. I drove a Mazda Millenia for 7 years before trading it in for my Taco. My truck is more difficult to drive on slushy or icy pavement in 2WD even with snow tires. Click it into 4Hi and the balance instantly improves (though there is some torque steer). I was impressed enough to get a Subaru as the second car - most balanced handling of any car I've driven, very forgiving of mistakes.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #30
sqd8r is on a distinguished road
sqd8r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Because racetruck..
Pretty much why I bought it.

To OP I live in Ottawa, you know how bad our winters are. We are the second coldest capital in the world iirc, Moscow being #1.

But while our winters are long our spring, summer and fall rock. I drove sportscars for the last 24 years year round, 14 years in Ottawa. All low to the ground, rear wheel drive sportscars.

I wanted space, performance and something cool/exclusive. The X-Runner has all of this in spades.

You don't use 4WD all the time anyway so 2WD was my preferred choice and I have winter rims and tires on order.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #31
Resident Agrologist

Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd8r View Post
Pretty much why I bought it.

To OP I live in Ottawa, you know how bad our winters are. We are the second coldest capital in the world iirc, Moscow being #1.

But while our winters are long our spring, summer and fall rock. I drove sportscars for the last 24 years year round, 14 years in Ottawa. All low to the ground, rear wheel drive sportscars.

I wanted space, performance and something cool/exclusive. The X-Runner has all of this in spades.

You don't use 4WD all the time anyway so 2WD was my preferred choice and I have winter rims and tires on order.
Have fun. I grew up in Ottawa and they plow the roads there. Out here where I live they don't even plow the highways until it stops snowing when the worst storms hit. Back roads and side streets often have 1-2 foot drifts 4-5 days a year. A "car" will do just fine on ice, as will any 2WD truck with proper tires. I conceded that the X-Runner makes sense if you want to look sporty yet drive a trucklette. If you are also willing to sacrifice all the things that to me make a truck a truck that's your business and I'm glad you enjoy your decision. Things like 4WD, drive clearance, durability in terrible road conditions and the ability to tow/haul a shit ton of weight are more important to me than plastic fenders and "racetruck", but then again I might just be crazy . GLHF.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #32
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
X-Runner where I bought my Taco as well...

http://www.stouffvilletoyota.ca/used...-Toyota-Tacoma