Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

X Runner in Canada for 2014 year, why?

Old 04-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is on a distinguished road

Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
X Runner in Canada for 2014 year, why?

Yesteday I drove to Cochrane Toyota just outside of Calgary, three hours from my driveway, to have a supercharger installed in my truck. The dealership was awesome and the finance manager lent me his Caddy to drive into Calgary for the day. Anyways point is when I pulled back into the dealer they had what looked like a lowered and pretty'd up Tacoma access cab. I decided to take a closer look since my truck was still in there wash bay and low and behold, it was a 2014 X Runner.

One of the mechanics asked me if I wanted to look at it, I said no but he filled me in on why they had a 2014 X Runner on lot. It turns out that all Toyota dealers were given the option of ordering one X Runner this year. Since Cochrane Toyota likes to call themselves Tacoma Town they took Toyota up on the offer...

I'm just curious, what do you think about bringing the X Runner into Canada for sale as a new vehicle? IMHO a 2WD lower clearance truck is more of a PIT than a good idea given the condition of our roads and hiways, but what do you think? Plus the fact it'd be uncontrollable on ice with most tires on it, I can't see why someone would pay more for one over a SR5 or TRD Sport...
Old 04-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Paging Marcelus
Old 04-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
He has not been on ina while.

But to the OP, you guys have cars up their correct? I bet the xr sits higher than my stock civic
Old 04-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Resident Agrologist

Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
He has not been on ina while.

But to the OP, you guys have cars up their correct? I bet the xr sits higher than my stock civic
LOL, yes we have cars, but those poor fools have to dodge around the potholes. A big part of having a truck for most people is just driving in the middle of your lane no matter what shape the road is in. Oh, and being able to get to work when there is a foot of snow on the ground since it's rarely cleared from most residential streets.

So like I said, around here if you lived here why would you buy an X Runner...
Old 04-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterdog View Post
Yesteday I drove to Cochrane Toyota just outside of Calgary, three hours from my driveway, to have a supercharger installed in my truck. The dealership was awesome and the finance manager lent me his Caddy to drive into Calgary for the day. Anyways point is when I pulled back into the dealer they had what looked like a lowered and pretty'd up Tacoma access cab. I decided to take a closer look since my truck was still in there wash bay and low and behold, it was a 2014 X Runner.

One of the mechanics asked me if I wanted to look at it, I said no but he filled me in on why they had a 2014 X Runner on lot. It turns out that all Toyota dealers were given the option of ordering one X Runner this year. Since Cochrane Toyota likes to call themselves Tacoma Town they took Toyota up on the offer...

I'm just curious, what do you think about bringing the X Runner into Canada for sale as a new vehicle? IMHO a 2WD lower clearance truck is more of a PIT than a good idea given the condition of our roads and hiways, but what do you think? Plus the fact it'd be uncontrollable on ice with most tires on it, I can't see why someone would pay more for one over a SR5 or TRD Sport...
Because racetruck..
Old 04-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #6
Resident Agrologist

Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Because racetruck..
Brand new though? If you were going to gut it for weight and add a bunch of warrenty voiding parts why not import one used with low km's?