1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone else in Ontario or Canada noticing more DC SB's around??

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Hollywood22, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Apr 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    Hollywood22

Hollywood22 [OP] Wranglin the Badger

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Generation X
    OME Lift, LR UCA's
    Over the last couple of months I've noticed way more DC's with the short bed driving around. I know when I bought my DC SB in 2009, the only way to get it from the dealership was to get it in manual. Wonder if they are offering the short bed to Canadians in automatic now. I would have liked an auto but I digress.

Anyone else notice this or is just me?

2. Apr 30, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRDOR
    Black Sand Pearl factory paint - flattened "au natural" by tree branches.
    My buddy bought one when we used to live an hour from the border. It was common to go across the border to get trucks/bikes/boats/sleds for a while because it was a lot cheaper to import them. I thought it was gay at the time because why would you want a useless 5 foot box that can't take a quad or sled? Go figure he stores the thing in winter and never takes it off pavement, even though it's got a lift and mud tires :rolleyes:.

Anyway since seeing one or two built up ones out on the trails I kind of like them now.

3. Apr 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    DCSB only comes as a manual in Canada

4. Apr 30, 2014 at 4:54 PM
    Hollywood22

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Generation X
    OME Lift, LR UCA's
    That's what I thought. However, I've just noticed them a lot lately. I think like most of us we notice another Tacoma when it drives by and almost all of them are the DC LB sports. At least around here they are.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  5. May 7, 2014 at 11:14 AM
    A A R O N

A A R O N Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 TRD Sport DC SB
    Tinted windows, window visors, tonneau cover, locking tailgate, remote starter, chrome grill, stainless steel rolled exhaust tip.
    I live close to Toronto, and when I started looking for a DC short box almost a year ago I couldn't find anything for sale. I ended up going across the border to Buffalo where I found a nice 2010 DC SR5 TRD with the short box. Got a great deal, and it only had 30,000km on it, thank you America! More and more Canadians seem to be buying trucks in the states these days I'm noticing.

6. May 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    Hollywood22

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Generation X
    OME Lift, LR UCA's
    ^ that's probably what I should have done. I wanted an automatic short box. Oh well. Still love my truck.

7. May 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM
    Geem750

Geem750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Okanagan, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    Grillcraft grill, ultimate toytek 3" lift, shorty antenna, blacked out badges, rear diff breather, Kenwood 6990 HU, wet okoles, weather techs, extra D-rings, Cruisin offroad bolt on sliders, Treklights 18" LED bar
    ever since i started wheeling my tacoma ive been wishing i got a DCSB. would still be able to haul my racing quad with the tailgate down but the jet ski probably would stick out too far. I dont haul lumber or anything, just camping gear and toys. Not sure if id want a manual or auto. loving driving stick but not confident in my skills wheeling to drive stick

8. May 18, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Can't get a DCSB auto in Canada

9. May 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    Geem750

Geem750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Okanagan, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    Grillcraft grill, ultimate toytek 3" lift, shorty antenna, blacked out badges, rear diff breather, Kenwood 6990 HU, wet okoles, weather techs, extra D-rings, Cruisin offroad bolt on sliders, Treklights 18" LED bar
    Just dreaming. and in my dreams if i really really wanted it. id buy from the states

Products Discussed in

To Top