Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Moving to Canada, Need some Advise

Old 05-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #21
13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of
Air Force: Security Forces 02-06
13TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Take a jacket

The rest of you stay home

??
Old 05-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #22
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13TRDsport View Post
??
That's OZ-T being nice...
Old 05-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #23
13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
That's OZ-T being nice...

im lost.. lol
Old 05-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #24
Quote:
Rain forest to volcano's, mountains to Oceans on both sides, well the Gulf on one.
Dunno about hunting, but fishing is outa sight.
sounds nice. My buddies boss has a house there. He goes every year.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #25
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
??

My advice to you is take a jacket

and Vive Les Habitants
Old 05-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #26
Quote:
My advice to you is take a jacket

and Vive Les Habitants
How are the seasons there?
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #27
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
pls post pics of the polarbears.

nosrsly though have a good move man!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #28
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How are the seasons there?

Where I live they are awesome , but I'm on the other coast
Old 05-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #29
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm half Canadian, I'm moving to BC, when it's above 70 deg F tho.

Need a plumber Pete?
Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #30

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm half Canadian, I'm moving to BC, when it's above 70 deg F tho.

Need a plumber Pete?

It's above 70F now

Have a plumber
Old 05-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #31
[QUOTE=OZ-T;8688591]Where I live they are awesome , but I'm on the other coast[/QUOTE

from what I have seen doing research it is beautiful and quiet in NS
Old 05-21-2014, 07:53 AM   #32

Quote:
It's above 70F now

Have a plumber

Old 05-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #33
TRD S33NO is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
TRD S33NO's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I'm from Nova Scotia and I love it here. I live in Dartmouth which is right across the bridge from Halifax. I can shed some light for you. What are your credentials? Will you be looking for a career here? Digby is very rural and if you're not a fisherman or a tradesman I suggest living closer to a bigger city such as Halifax where there are more opportunities for jobs. Plus here in Halifax there are tons of things to do and sights to see. We are right on the water and it's only a short drive out of town to hit the woods and the trails. Any questions feel free to ask!
P.s - no polar bears, cold winters yes but nothing crazy. Spring, summer and fall are beautiful here.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving to Canada, Need some Advise-image.jpg  
Old 05-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD S33NO View Post
OP, I'm from Nova Scotia and I love it here. I live in Dartmouth which is right across the bridge from Halifax. I can shed some light for you. What are your credentials? Will you be looking for a career here? Digby is very rural and if you're not a fisherman or a tradesman I suggest living closer to a bigger city such as Halifax where there are more opportunities for jobs. Plus here in Halifax there are tons of things to do and sights to see. We are right on the water and it's only a short drive out of town to hit the woods and the trails. Any questions feel free to ask!
P.s - no polar bears, cold winters yes but nothing crazy. Spring, summer and fall are beautiful here.

Thank you so much for the info! I will definetely have some questions. I work for the Fed bureau of prisons now so any job would be better hahaha.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #35
k.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kirk
k.strong's Tacoma Gallery
http://m.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-vic...e-a-maritimer-

Im from NS, youll love it there. Read that article so you can learn how to talk like a maritimer.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.strong View Post
http://m.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-vic...e-a-maritimer-

Im from NS, youll love it there. Read that article so you can learn how to talk like a maritimer.

Thanks!!

Lmao... that article was great!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #37
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Nova Scotia 45 mins from Digby and have lived here since 1978. Taxes are higher then a lot of the rest of the country by they are liveable. The Annapolis Vally is a beautiful place wtih nice summers and not so bad winters. If you have some specific questions you want answered, send me a PM and I will answer honestly.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoadWunner View Post
I live in Nova Scotia 45 mins from Digby and have lived here since 1978. Taxes are higher then a lot of the rest of the country by they are liveable. The Annapolis Vally is a beautiful place wtih nice summers and not so bad winters. If you have some specific questions you want answered, send me a PM and I will answer honestly.

I will! Going to get some questions together with my wife and i'll pm you guys. Thanks a bunch for the help.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have to kiss a cod in NS too or is that just a Newfie thing ?
Old 05-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #40
k.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kirk
k.strong's Tacoma Gallery
Just newfie.

Feel free to pm me aswell with questions. I lived in the valley(hour from halifax) for 21 years.