Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

please help SR5 vs TRD SPORT vs TRD OFFROAD

Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
bazza is on a distinguished road
Name: Barry
bazza's Tacoma Gallery

I am going to be buying a Tacoma as it will fit my needs of daily driving, soon to be hunting, and flat land 4x4ing. Maybe with a tin boat up top of a cap on the box for fishing. i have youtube about air lockers, winching, suspension upgrades, ARB/Old man emu/ random 4x4 techniques/ whats best for hunting videos.

1}Would a SR5 tacoma have the nut certs for skid plates pre installed for a OFFROAD package from factory, or would i just be better getting an OFFROAD package which would reduce my costs?
2}Also with a snorkel could i run a cold air intake?
3}With a old man emu leaf spring/shock kit would this increase the load capacity of the box?
4}Would a body lift help with the clearance issue of a suspension lift/replacement?
5}Does anybody run Winter tires on there truck and if so do they provide traction in a field of powder/wet slushy snow? compared to off road tires?
6}What nit pick issues do you have with the tacoma year 2001 and up to 2013 and how have you fixed/delt with them{suck it up buttercup} ie;wipers dont clear window enough, windows dont roll down all the way, wind niose on hwy, lights aren't bright enough, trim pieces break easily, squeeks rattles.
7}is the supercharger worth the extra money in the newer trucks?

Thank you for potentially answering my questions
Old 07-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

So obviously you're getting an access cab if you get a 2nd gen , correct ?
Old 07-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
bazza's Tacoma Gallery
yes but wouldnt mind a 4 door
Old 07-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
No 2nd Gen double cab Offroad in Canada
Old 07-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
bazza's Tacoma Gallery
access cab it is then
Old 07-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like your mind is made up on an Offroad

Enjoy