Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

ECGS removal / install tool?

Old 11-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
Twatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwatwaffles is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Twatwaffles's Tacoma Gallery
ECGS removal / install tool?

Hey, anyone have the install and removal tool to do the ECGS bushing install? Looking to buy both if you've done the install and no longer need the tools.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ex-cel-lent Guy
Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twatwaffles View Post
Hey, anyone have the install and removal tool to do the ECGS bushing install? Looking to buy both if you've done the install and no longer need the tools.
If you find someone willing to part with there ecgs tools I might be interested in acquiring them from you when you're done with them.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
Canadian Member
Wpg07TRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Neal
Wpg07TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Any luck? I'm also looking??
Old 03-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #5
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I had one but the dude I lent it too over a year ago never gave it back. I should really message him...
Old 03-05-2015, 07:58 PM   #6
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterdog View Post
I just ordered the Bushing and Tool. When I'm done with the tool I could send it to you for a fee.
That's cool. I haven't even ordered the bushing yet. How much did shipping cost you to Alberta? I'm debating ordering it to my house or shipping it to just south of the border and drive to pick it up.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:30 AM   #7
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg07TRD View Post
That's cool. I haven't even ordered the bushing yet. How much did shipping cost you to Alberta? I'm debating ordering it to my house or shipping it to just south of the border and drive to pick it up.
I had it shipped to the border. I need to get my new bumper from the US new week anyways. Shipping was free because I had a promo code. I can't remember where I got the code from though.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:21 AM   #8
ALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedALBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pete
ALBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
When I shipped to the border 2 weeks ago. It was 180 with the exchange. That was for the bushing the seal and the tool.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:04 PM   #9
Canadian Member

Looks like I'll be picking up my new bushing and seal within the next week or so. My order arrived at the border. I just have to go pick it up. Would anyone be willing to lend me their removal tool???
Old 03-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #11
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterdog View Post
I just finished my install today. I'm not really interested in lending, but maybe a sale could be arranged lol.
How did the install go? Vibrations all gone?
What were you thinking for the tool?
Old 03-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #12
Resident Agrologist

Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How did the install go? Vibrations all gone?
What were you thinking for the tool?
For shipping and 20 bucks, the tool is yours. I can let you know shipping if you give me your postal code.

Vibes are totally gone.

The install went fine. I didn't disconnect the tie rod or pull the CV from the front spindle which slowed things down a bit. It took a while to pry out the CV and to get the bushing hammered in but everything went back together fine. Just take your time.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:44 PM   #13
Canadian Member

My postal code is R2G 4B9 in Winnipeg. Let me know what shipping is. Slow shipping is okay. Lol. I still have to drive down to the border to pick up my parts.

I'll be removing my entire lower control arms when I'm doing this. My caster bolts are seized and I can't get an alignment since lifting. Got new LCA assemblies and caster adjustment bolts from MOOG. Figure it shouldn't be too bad to get the needle bearing out with everything out of the way.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My postal code is R2G 4B9 in Winnipeg. Let me know what shipping is. Slow shipping is okay. Lol. I still have to drive down to the border to pick up my parts.

I'll be removing my entire lower control arms when I'm doing this. My caster bolts are seized and I can't get an alignment since lifting. Got new LCA assemblies and caster adjustment bolts from MOOG. Figure it shouldn't be too bad to get the needle bearing out with everything out of the way.
can I call dibs on the install tool after you?