Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Diehard Platinum 31m battery in Canada

Old 12-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
near the Tannhauser Gate
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

Anybody know where you can get one of these , they don't seem to be available in Canada
Old 12-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have Sears in Canada? Probably not.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe Active Green & Ross. I didn't see anything on their site about batteries.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #6
It wasn't a rock...

Mobile site doesn't show it but the standard site shows Diehard batteries.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:10 PM   #8
bzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to behold
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
google
Old 12-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #9
bzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to behold
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
well google didn't get me any info other than nothing available....
Old 12-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #10
near the Tannhauser Gate
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
well google didn't get me any info other than nothing available....

well duh , hence the thread
Old 12-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #11
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I read the Diehard Platinum series is only in the US, and in Canada it's Diehard Gold.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #12
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bueler..

Bueler..

Can you confirm? For other Canucks.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #13
near the Tannhauser Gate

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I looked that up and the only place I found any reference to that was an obscure post by someone in car forum
Old 12-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #14
near the Tannhauser Gate

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

Fuck it , I'm now looking at this

Same size / better specs than the Diehard

http://m.canadiantire.ca/en/automoti...ontent=Default

or this

same size / basically the same specs

http://m.canadiantire.ca/en/automoti...ontent=Default
Old 12-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #15
Just passin' through..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I looked that up and the only place I found any reference to that was an obscure post by someone in car forum
Funny, that's where I found it!

Some janky car audio forum.. but there's like zero return on the Google machine in any of the 20 searches I did of Platinum series in Canada, Diehard 31m equivalents, Diehard Golds, etc,.

I tried at least.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Q:? Why do you need more than double the CC's? Seems a bit overkill.

Don't get me wrong, I upgraded when I got a new battery, but that just seems nuts. Are you running a winch?

I went with a NAPA brand battery that beats OEM TRD specs by a solid 100+ CCs. So far so good.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #17
near the Tannhauser Gate

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just thinking of an upgrade and intend to add some aftermarket gear in the life cycle of battery #2
Old 12-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #19
near the Tannhauser Gate

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I justify it as about $25 / year difference if the battery lasts 5 years
Old 12-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #20
js312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjs312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
js312's Tacoma Gallery
The DieHard Platinum is actually a rebranded Odyssey battery, so maybe you can find one of them?

I had a DieHard Platinum in my Subaru. It was fantastic.