Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

TSB issues in canada

Old 06-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
"Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Neal
elwood's Tacoma Gallery
TSB issues in canada

I have been reading about the rear suspension problems on the American trucks. Has anyone found or heard of the problem on a Candaian truck. One tread stated that the rear leaf pack of 3 leafs would be changed to 4 leafs. I have a 07 dbl cab SR5 . The dealer info states that only the TRD would have the upgraded off road suspension with Bilstein shocks. My truck from new had the blue and yellow bilsteins on it and 4 leafs. Even the front has the billys. I have seen some american trucks around and noticed they didn't. Always thought it was a Canadian thing. We tow a 14 foot trailer and have never noticed a problem. I assume now that my truck had the problem solved at the factory . We purchased it at the end of January 2007.

Any comments??

Also the tailgate bending TSB . (wth) Is this to an American thing or what ???? I have 7 months left on my 3yr 60000 km warranty and would appreciate any info.

This forum rocks.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Canadian trucks don't have this problem. They come with the 4 left pack.
The tail gate I can't comment on I'm sorry.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
TRD's maybe come with the 4 leafs, my SR5 4X4 only has 3 leafs... Canadian bought.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:57 AM   #4
tsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of light

tsilliker's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to tsilliker
My 2005 SR5 with 4x4 and V6 also only has three leafs. No Bilsteins, either.

The back end is a bit weak with a full load. And my tailgate is bent!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
ofrd4fun is on a distinguished road
ofrd4fun's Tacoma Gallery
My 05 came with 3-leaf packs. I waited until the bumper-to-bumper warranty was almost up, went down to my local Toyota dealer and complained about the "harsh ride". They ordered in the 4-leaf springs and (4) new bilsteins and installed them. Way better now although I still am glad I have air bags in the back. The shocks alone made a big improvement.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
What dealer did you go to in Vancouver? I have a usa bought Tacoma with only 3 leafs. I was thinking about bringing the truck in to get the tsb done.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
ofrd4fun is on a distinguished road
ofrd4fun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
What dealer did you go to in Vancouver? I have a usa bought Tacoma with only 3 leafs. I was thinking about bringing the truck in to get the tsb done.
I went to Jim Pattison in the North Shore Auto Mall. Give them a try but because you have a US truck it's unlikely Toyota Canada would be willing to supply the parts. You may have better luck arranging something just across the line in Washington state.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Warranty is fully transferable, so it shouldn't matter.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #9
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
so anyone getting the tailgate replaced under warrenty?? mines an '05 with 88000 km's could I try to get it before I hit a 100k for the 5 yr???
Old 09-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
My 2009 AC SR5 V6 4X4 came with 4 leafs and the Bilstein shocks.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #11
The Reasonable One
myrcrocks is on a distinguished road
myrcrocks's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to myrcrocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
My 2009 AC SR5 V6 4X4 came with 4 leafs and the Bilstein shocks.
Mine too...
Old 09-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #12
diving fanatic
justeday is on a distinguished road
justeday's Tacoma Gallery
i took mine in and got the tsb done.... now i've got 4 leafs and bilstiens.... an awesome difference.... it actually gave me about a 1 inch lift in front and a 2 inch lift rear...., and the ride with loads is much better.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
4cyl SR5 came with 4 leafs and bilsteins......And it is a rather choppy ride, but it handles loads and offroading excellently....
Old 09-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
gribbon will become famous soon enoughgribbon will become famous soon enough

gribbon's Tacoma Gallery
I have a U.S.A. truck and had the tsb done at the North SHore Auto mall no problems,
Old 09-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #15
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbon View Post
I have a U.S.A. truck and had the tsb done at the North SHore Auto mall no problems,
how many miles were on yours when you had it done and was it over the 3yr warrenty?? thanx
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #16
gribbon will become famous soon enoughgribbon will become famous soon enough

gribbon's Tacoma Gallery
It was still under warranty, and i would guess it was around 26 000 mile mark, i carry a sled in the back all winter and it would bottom out when i go over speed bumps, that's all i told them, they gave me new shocks and leafs and springs all around.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #17

^^thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #18
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
ahaha yeh, all tacomas have a pretty choppy ride, but man do they love those corners, for a off roading inspired truck im always so impressed at how it takes corners at higher speeds,!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #19
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Mine has the 4 leaf pack and billies and is still sitting low . While undercoating it I noticed that the rubber mount for the axle to bottom out on was very close to the frame. All that is on the back is a Leer cap. Went to the dealer and told them it was low and they said it quailified for the TSB?? New springs in the rear and all 4 shocks ordered and the truck goes in next Wednesday. Will see if the old 4 leaf pack is different than the new ones next week. They say it is a new part number and they are different. Will take some measurements before and after and post later.
Has anybody else had this?????
Thanks Neal
Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #20

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer has now changed the 4 pack with a new 4 pack and it is higher. 1.5 inches. All 4 billies have been changed as well , for free. The mechanics questioned the work but the service guy had run my VIN and said the truck is available for the change. I suspect it will settle some. The part numbers for the leaf packs are brand new, i'm told, and a different spring rate. Not sure if it's BS but all for free so I don't care.