1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Canuck Conversions

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kbp68, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Jun 29, 2009 at 1:10 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 [OP] hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    How many Canadians bought your Tacoma in the U.S? What are your experiences with the Canuck Conversions(DDL, Speedo/Odometer swaps, TSBs, "Maintenace Required" light, etc.

I have been experimenting with my guages in my '06 TRD Off Road DC 4x4 hoping to retain my "Maint. Required" light. I disassembled both the U.S. and Canadian clusters and swapped the metric face to the U.S. cluster. Maint. light works, speedo reads KM/H but Odo is Miles. The Odo pops right out so I tried swapping those too. No luck, the brain must be in the board, not the LCD display.

Also, my TPMS light only functions properly in the U.S. cluster. When I plug in the Canadian one, the light comes on and cannot be reset. As soon as I plug the U.S. one back in and hit the reset button, the light goes out.

Anyone else having these issues?

2. Jul 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    I know a guy who bought his in the states so i will have to ask him one of these days. My baby is born and raised Canadian though!

3. Jul 14, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    tracker

tracker Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 doublecab long box
    I have a US vehicle and I kept the MPH and odo speedo so I can't help. Not sure if this is normal but when driving during daylight with day time running lights on and I flash my high beams my day time running lights go out for a few seconds and come back on. Does your vehicle do the same? Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top