Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Canuck Conversions

Old 06-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
hey...I can change this!
kbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
Canuck Conversions

How many Canadians bought your Tacoma in the U.S? What are your experiences with the Canuck Conversions(DDL, Speedo/Odometer swaps, TSBs, "Maintenace Required" light, etc.

I have been experimenting with my guages in my '06 TRD Off Road DC 4x4 hoping to retain my "Maint. Required" light. I disassembled both the U.S. and Canadian clusters and swapped the metric face to the U.S. cluster. Maint. light works, speedo reads KM/H but Odo is Miles. The Odo pops right out so I tried swapping those too. No luck, the brain must be in the board, not the LCD display.

Also, my TPMS light only functions properly in the U.S. cluster. When I plug in the Canadian one, the light comes on and cannot be reset. As soon as I plug the U.S. one back in and hit the reset button, the light goes out.

Anyone else having these issues?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
I know a guy who bought his in the states so i will have to ask him one of these days. My baby is born and raised Canadian though!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
tracker is on a distinguished road

tracker's Tacoma Gallery
I have a US vehicle and I kept the MPH and odo speedo so I can't help. Not sure if this is normal but when driving during daylight with day time running lights on and I flash my high beams my day time running lights go out for a few seconds and come back on. Does your vehicle do the same? Thanks.