I recently quit my job from a carpentry company in Muskoka Ontario due to questionable business ethnics (plus many reasons but we will leave it at that...). I am not on a witch hunt to destroy this company BUT I do not recommend hiring them for any work.
the reason i do not recommend them is the following:
1. The company is so in debt they will try to grossly overcharge you for everything
2. out of the 3 crews left, only one guy with his laborer can do quality work
3. they can never get anything right from making major mistakes on blueprints, trying to design something that cannot be done but promising you it can be, and so forth
4. in less than 1 year, the company bounced 6 paychecks for me alone. times 6-10 checks per guy times 6 guys...thats a lot of NSF issues
5. even though the company will tell you they have licensed carpenters on staff, they do not. the only licensed carpenter they had quit last month. they do sub out a contractor who is licensed but his quality of work is poor
6. the company's office is very poorly run. the receptionist is a royal pita to deal with, especially when the client owes money....... it is also next to impossible to get a hold of someone in the office (they ignore a lot of phone calls)
7. the one crew that works for the company do very questionable work onsite and the boss tells the client, that it is not the company's fault but yours for choosing that 'material'
the list goes on and on....
please, pm me if you are planning on building in Muskoka, i can recommed a few companies who are very reputable companies and help you avoid getting abused by my previous employer