Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Lift Install Locations - Lower Mainland

Old 08-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Install Locations - Lower Mainland

Hey, does anyone have a good place to recommend to install a lift on my truck? I'll have the components, so just need it installed. Icons, TC Ucas and some new shocks and leafs for the back.

I can get it done at the Nissan store I work at, they will charge me a flat rate of $60 an hour. Thing is, the mechanics that work in our store don't install lifts everyday, so I don't want them to fck it up.

Anbody know a place or someone in the Lower Mainland that knows there stuff but won't ass rape me to bad on the rate???
Old 08-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Come on boys!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
ltac is on a distinguished road
ltac's Tacoma Gallery
hey im in burn, you know of any easy offroading places besides stave lake?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Taco love in East Van

Hey man, I think there is a place in Coquitlam where a lot of people go wheeling and quading. I think its called 'Eagle Ridge'. Might be a good place to check out, if you haven't already.

Head north on Johnson St from Barnet Hwy. Stay on this road. Turns into Plateau Blvd. When you get to the unlocked gate, pass through it, turn right onto the powerline area and park in a safe spot.

I think the area is pretty small though..
Old 10-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
CanadianGuy is on a distinguished road

CanadianGuy's Tacoma Gallery
i think there is a place called north shore offroad in north van, or National 4wd in langley
Old 10-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
ltac's Tacoma Gallery
werd. if i do get a lift installed ill definately refer to this page again. i heard mudding is ok for the engine/tranny as long as you wash your truck off right away after...
Old 10-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Taco love in East Van

I ended up putting the lift in myself over a weekend. Worked out fine and I saved the $1000 or so that a shop would charge in labour.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
CanadianGuy is on a distinguished road

CanadianGuy's Tacoma Gallery
oh okay thats cool. how did it go? have any pictures?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #9
ltac's Tacoma Gallery
hey do u guys know where i can get some soft mud flaps that wont break on my truck? i called north van off road but they said just go to canadian tire and check it out. i broke my front passenger side mud flap a few weeks ago...i looked on this website for generic tacoma mud flaps but couldnt find any.

do you guys know how to start a new post? ive looked but cant figure it out

we should probably go to stave lake before the seasons done (whenever that is).
Old 11-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
ltac's Tacoma Gallery
hey went out to stave with a bud and we were doing laps around this big puddle and were putting one side of tires in to kick up some water. did a couple of donuts in rwd and then went 1 side of tires into a different puddle and it completely dropped, my truck almost tipped and we were stuck. i turned off the engine and immediately ran for help and a couple of guys in domestics showed up and generously gave me their hitch. when i was talking to the guy what gear i should be in, he said put in in 4wd low and reverse out...to which i moved no problem. today i did an oil change, and my rear differential fluid is dirty (apparently).

what color is the rear diff fluid supposed to be? the guys said honey colored.

im also now aware that i shouldnt have turned the engine off because its pressurized and keeps the water out. i also bought a k+n air filter cleaner because mine (borla) is dirty. i am going to read through my entire owners manual and will buy a repair book just for the sake of knowledge.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #11
kreep is on a distinguished road

kreep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
I ended up putting the lift in myself over a weekend. Worked out fine and I saved the $1000 or so that a shop would charge in labour.
How hard was it and what kind of lift?
I'm putting mine in this weekend, if it gets here by then.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #12
Taco love in East Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreep View Post
How hard was it and what kind of lift?
I'm putting mine in this weekend, if it gets here by then.
I put in Icon coilovers, icon uca's, icon 3 leaf aal and new shocks in the back. Wasn't that difficult, just took some time because I did it myself and it was my first time doing an install. Let me know if u need some help.