Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Ask A Canadian

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #41
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
eh????

Is milk still sold in bags?

Hey, I was born in Wingham Ontario myself! All my relatives live in & around Kitchener & Waterloo. I'm American now though - took that Naturalization test. I gotta get back up there soon and visit some family. My husband's never been to Canada.
yes they do in ontario at least not i bc though too bad cause i like the bag milk better than cartons and jugs
Old 08-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #42
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
I have another question, do you like how there are two languages on all the signs and that it's not just one language? Do you like how Canada has two languages and do you dislike or like this, and tell me why?
We have two official languages in Canada, French and English. The highest population of French speaking Canadians are in Quebec. So, in almost every province we have both languages on all of our signs. However, something that I find ironic is that in Quebec, it is illegal to have English on signs so they have French only. LMAO!!!!

I speak very little French. However, my kids are in a French Emersion school program. They both speak French all day long and have done so since grade 1. They take an English class a few times a week. Since we have two official languages, I thought that my kids might have more opportunities for jobs etc. if they are proficient in both languages. I imagine that the same would be true in the USA for English/Spanish speaking individuals.

Cheers.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #43
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
milk in a bag?....in saskatchewan i have only seen it in cartons and plastice jugs
Old 08-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #44
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
is penguin sex as good as everyone says?
only if you cut their heads off first otherwise they bite..

no but for real we dont have penguins anywhere in canada that I have been
Old 08-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #45
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
milk in a bag?....in saskatchewan i have only seen it in cartons and plastice jugs
yup I have heard of this before in ontario
Old 08-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #46
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
um lol nope, you know some people from brandon?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #47
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
ya my moms whole family is from there and how about danielle dyer do you know her
Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #48
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
nope I grew up in portage just moved here about 5 years ago, how old are these people? and the other people you mentioned their last name is dane?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #49
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
hrm, im not much of a bar person, do you know where they work?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #50
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
well wtf america, adopt canada's drinking policy!

how cold are we talking about? im used to single to sub zero single digit temps in the winter time in wv.
lots of people come to Winnipeg for the American spring break cause the age to drink in Manitoba is 18, as for how cold it gets, it can get cold, really cold. Im not sure what it is in Fahrenheit but it gets to about -30 -40 sometimes colder in Manitoba, and thats the average temp in February
Old 08-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #52
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Have you ever been pulled over by a Mountie on Horseback?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #53
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Have you ever been pulled over by a Mountie on Horseback?
nope our rcmp are dressed like cops and drive crown vics, chargers, and silverados
Old 08-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #54
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
onlyy problem i see with the milk bags is the problem of closing it for freshness
Old 08-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #55
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i dont know if im a fan of the bagged milk its a good thing they dont have that shit where i live. but if you think about it a milk carton doesnt really close fully and jug with a snap cap does tho
Old 08-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #56
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget...

Bilingual (english/french) packaging.

laugh...sorry for the example, it was the only good one I could find.

From what I remember, one side of a product would be english - while the other side would be french. Is it still that way? (it's been a good 15-20 years since I've been up there)

Funny, but in the States....a lot of stuff is Spanish/English.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #57
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
name one advantage of living in canada compared to the u.s.
I could probably give you a lot of examples but for starters our Taco's come stock with the upgraded suspension TSB.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #58
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
onlyy problem i see with the milk bags is the problem of closing it for freshness
That's why they're in small quart bags.

They drink a lot of milk up there - they believe in strong bones & teeth.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #59
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
is penguin sex as good as everyone says?
I might be offended if that wasn't really funny...
Old 08-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
Do you have a pet beaver?
This might be my favourite thread so far...lol

Products Discussed in this Thread