Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Remembrance Day

Old 11-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Remembrance Day

Hope you guys have a good day. Thank you to those who have served (past, present, and future). Never forget those who gave our lives for us too.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
A moment of silence observed for our fallen soldiers....
Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Max View Post
A moment of silence observed for our fallen soldiers....
x2
Old 01-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
Name: Mike
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
Hope you guys have a good day. Thank you to those who have served (past, present, and future). Never forget those who gave our lives for us too.
A little late but thanks
Old 11-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Tis' the time of year for a thread revival

Good morning folks figure I'll throw this up here now as I won't be on tomorrow.

Remembrance Day Message

This year, Canada mourned the passing of John "Jack" Babcock, our last known veteran of the First World War. His passing signified the end of an era in Canadian military history and, as such, was marked with a solemn ceremony at the National War Memorial on April 9th, Vimy Day.
Mr. Babcock’s passing illustrates the reason why we need to pause on Remembrance Day to recognize the sacrifices and achievements of our veterans and honour those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in serving their country.
The 620,000 men and women who served in the Canadian Forces in the First World War – of which 67,000 gave their lives and 173,000 were wounded – have now all passed; their voices silent. Every year, the ranks of Second World War and Korean War veterans get smaller. But, their legacy lives on in the values and principles we hold dear; freedom, democracy, the rule of law and human rights.
Their torch has been passed to us, and our solemn duty is to remember they sacrificed their lives for Canada and the world. It is the generations of warriors past who won us our nationhood, won us our eminent standing on the world stage, and forged a nation of honourable, dedicated and caring people who rise to the defence of the oppressed.
Those brave Canadians of years past earned respect, both at home and abroad, for their dedication and commitment to peace and security. Theirs is a legacy passed on through the years that Canadian Forces members can proudly embrace. I'm humbled and proud to be associated with Canada's brave men and women in uniform who continue to make sacrifices in the name of freedom.
Lest we forget.

The Honourable Peter G. MacKay
Minister of National Defence/Ministre de la Défense nationale
Old 11-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
support the troops past and present
Old 11-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
God Bless all the veterans from North America. May they never be forgotten, their achievements and sacrifices taken for granted, or they feel those sacrifices were for naught!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
-Bump-

Lest we forget.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
X3 ditto
Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Lest we forget
Amen brother
Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #13
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I like how this is the third year this thread has been up for and bumped consecutively.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #14
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Lest we forget.

Let us remember those who have given us the privilege of living in the greatest country in the world. God bless.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Lest we forget.

Let us remember those who have given us the privilege of living in the greatest country in the world. God bless.
Amen to that

Old 11-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #16
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I would share this .

My great grandfather was a WW1 veteran , his name was Fred Dawson , I only remember him in my very earliest childhood memories . He fought in France in WW1 and was in many battles , he was wounded and lay in no mans land for 5 days and nights before being found by some troops of the Canadian Scottish Regiment .

As the years progress , we've lost the connection to the people that lived through the horrors of WW1 , and are losing those from WW2 .

According to my mom , Fred never talked much about the war , but my Great Aunt pressed him when she was writing some family history and this is a letter he sent her .

When Rememberence Day comes around each year , I read this letter , and I feel it helps me to not lose sight of why it is important to show my respect at this time of year , and throughout the rest of it .

Lest We Forget

“You seem to be worrying about our most famous regiment, the fighting seventh 1st. B.C. regiment, 2nd. brigade, 1st. Canadian division.

We worked in conjunction with the guards, Irish Fusiliers and Norwicks and Canadians. General Plumber was the army commander and General Alderson was our company commander. We worked with the Gurkas of India for a short time but they were too restless and also lousy and they were sent to another front.

No other regiment in the whole Canadian army came any where near the casualties the 7th. had, our colonel volunteered for anything he thought would bring him some honours. Our battalion had more honours than any other regiment. Casualties, officers and men killed: 1435, wounded and poison gas: 3294, prisoners of war: 134, total dead: 4863, death due to natural causes not included. Total honours and decorations bestowed to the battalion: 431 including 3 Victoria Crosses.

I hope the description is clear. I was in the Battle of Gevincy, Festerbert, Ypres and got finished along with my whole company in a sacrifice charge, 8 a.m., bright sun in our faces, June 3, 1916, the King’s birthday. I was in charge of two junior officers with a major they caught at the transport lines who was court marshaled.

Out of the 1 1/2 company of men, 7 of us lived. Your mother was notified I was killed in action, also the paper had the news but on the 5th. day they found me in no man’s land.

I hope this will satisfy your curiosity. Our regiment fought in many bloody battles from the Marne to Vimy. We have many battle honours and our flag is flying in Christ Church in Vancouver.

During my 14 months tour I had ten company officers, some killed and some wounded and one or two we booted out of the trenches and they were sent back to Canada.

Those days we had nothing: no planes, no artillery to speak of or machine guns. The Huns had been collecting it for years and how that British army held on nobody knows.

What a country, getting under ground, digging mine pits, what a life. We could never get up to strength. My company, 250 strong, was never up to 100 including cooks and batmen. We had about 90 counter charging.

Oh, what a horrible life.”